Recent content by that_van_guy

1. that_van_guy

1978 Super Stones Van Kart

Very cool that your aunt actually won it from the sweepstakes! I have a sneaking suspicion that they wound up giving away more than 30 (as the ad claims). Super cool to see that there are still survivors out there! Looks like a solid start, your chassis is in way better shape than mine was, and...
  2. that_van_guy

Got the chassis more or less done. Made a shorty header with an RLV muffler. Rode it around a little, it has 10/48 gearing and the governor intact so it tops out at around 26 MPH but gets there quick! Addressed a couple minor issues, then made a hoop to support the body. Calling it "done" for...
  3. that_van_guy

Scored some wheels and tires and bought a seat. Mocked up with body. wide stance! Front tires clear at full lock by fractions of an inch. Need to finish brakes, pedals, seat mounting, body support structure, and tighten everything up. Getting close!
  4. that_van_guy

2 of my good friends in the vanning community coincidentally each own matching Super Stones karts, also both with Dodge Tradesman bodies wearing Ford stickers. I have seen at least 4 Firestone karts with Dodge bodies, and only 2 or 3 with the (correct) Ford Econoline bodies.
  5. that_van_guy

1978 Firestone Sweepstakes ad:
  6. that_van_guy

I'd been wanting one of these fiberglass van go kart bodies for a few years now. They were originally made by F.W. & Associates Mini Cars out of Tempe, Arizona. They made a bunch of different "Mini Car" go karts modeled on real cars of the era, including Ford Econoline and Dodge Tradesman vans...
  7. that_van_guy

Manco Delta 1

That's the plan! Hope to have my Runabout done before then too. Tall order given my free time (or lack thereof), but gonna try like heck!
  8. that_van_guy

Manco Delta 1

Slowly but surely. Got my newly-redone seat in the mail. Clutch cover painted and installed, and a few decals placed. Decided to run a Predator for motive power. going with a 13-tooth Max-Torque and stock 72t sprocket. Will be fabbing up a custom exhaust and adding a cone-style filter &...
  9. that_van_guy

American Leisure roller

Sold! Thanks OldMiniBikes.
  10. that_van_guy

American Leisure roller

Have decided to sell my American Leisure Cobra III project. Was gonna do a resto-mod, but decided I have enough on my plate already. Pretty neat bike with 6" wheels, Carlisle double Indian head tires, folding foot pegs, coil spring under the head tube. Very straight and solid. Missing seat...
  11. that_van_guy

60's 3hp briggs help please

You have the Flo-Jet carb like me. The one with the tank mounted carb on the rear side is a Pulsa-Jet.
  12. that_van_guy

Is the pulsa jet a direct swap for the updraft-style flo jet carb? I'd like to swap mine over if possible.
  13. that_van_guy

This thread reminds me that I have a copper 80302 with a flo-jet that I really need to get running.
  14. that_van_guy

Sears Tarentula

Really cool.
  15. that_van_guy

Three new vintage bike projects!

Very cool! I like them all. I am working on a Manco chopper right now too, looks like yours has the chrome forks and sissy bar which would make it a Delta 1 like mine. I agree with 6doggie3, stick a clone on that Arco and ride it while you work on the other two. Looking forward to seeing your...