thebronc4019

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Get some 00 steel wool and some liquid metal polish, this should clean the aluminum rims up pretty well. As far a bolts go, I put my whole bike together using stainless acorn nuts to dress things up. How about sending some pictures so I can see this bike. If it is too hard to post them on this site then e-mail them to me at thebronc4019@yahoo.com
    Yes i went to northern tool and got it and everything works great. i hosed it down used car wash soap and dried it off and it looks sweet. I was noticing how good the new screws and bolts look that i have added. There are alot of old nasty looking ones. any ideas? and also the rims are pretty bad looking any idea?
    okay thanks. Lowe's does not carry the correct screw size for my jack shaft. what size do you think it could be? im gonna try a machine shop
    If it is rusty hit them with some 00 steel wool and any kind of metal polish that you can buy at the auto prts store. Don't go too hard with the steel wool as you WILL be removing some of the plating
    BMI and any other places that deal in mimibike parts will have shocks that you can use. Purchasing shocks is quite expensive. I just repainted the body of my shocks and polished the chrome springs. I did it with the shocks together as it is quite difficult to disassemble those shocks.
    i bought the wrong thread size so that will be tomorrows deal. do you know where they sell replacement shocks for the seat suspension? or how to restore them mine look kinda bad
    If you have the jackshaft on the bike and it is working that is fine. There are a number of ways to set up your jackshaft, I just like using split locking collars for convenience. How did you make out with the bolt?
    thanks alot! really appreciate it. I dont have all those lock collars is that okay. the only one i have is in front of my driven holding the driven on.
    Probably 5/16 X 18. put a drill in the hole and whatever fits should be one or two sizes smaller than the bolt size. Go to hardware store and get a whatever common sized bolt is just bigger than the drill size. Buy it long, cut it to legnth and dress the end threads with a file. Next time you put it in use blue locktite threadlocker.
    Hey i was riding and my jackshaft screw fell off:( do you know where i could find one the right size and length and do u know the size and length?
    Kawboy, I do not have an extra jackshaft cover.The one I have I fabricated out of 18 gauge sheetmetal. I don't know much about the history of the K&S bikes other than the fact that they were built in Texas probably in the late 60's and early 70's. The link in this post will give you a look at the sales pamphlet that I used as my guide to build my bike. I can provide you with a Hornet sticker. I can also show you how to recreated the factory stripes. I don't have an extra kick stand but you could probably buy a generic one and make it work. Let's take this step by step. Look at the link I sent to you and we will go from there. I will use these messages to correspond but, if I need to send pictures, I will use e-mail, Posting pictures on this site can be tedious.
    Good Luck, thebronc4019
    this is the link... K & S MINIBIKE BROCHURE
    Hi, do you have an extra jackshaft cover and a kick stand for a hornet? Also who did your decals? I am new to the K&S minibikes. I just purchased my first one a week ago and I really don't know anything about them, Years made, value, etc. Mine is in a pile in the middle of the garage floor after an hour of disassembly last night and after having the paint color matched and measurments on placement of the decals it will be in the blast cabinet for the fun to begin. Thank you in advance,kawboy
    Just deleted it from my thumb drive. When I get back from vacation I will send it as it is still in the scanner at work. Give me a week.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…