thebronc4019

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• That engine is not original. The only way you can use the sleeve is if it has a notch in it for the keyway. I really like the performance of a bike with a torque converter but if that wont work on your engine then just go with a centrifgal clutch which will work O.K. If you want to restore the bike to original you will need to get an old style 4 horsepower Tecumseh engine that has a 3/4 output shaft. Between the engine and the torque converter set up you are looking at a fair amount of money and I don't know what kind of budget you have for this project.

It is ironic just how much you can spend on restoring a bike that originally sold new for around $300. I know I have more than $500 in my Hornet but it was worth it to me.
    3.5 B&S. I measured the output shaft and it is 5/8. BUT. it has a metal sleeve that can slide on or off that makes it bigger and when i measured the hole for the drive it equaled 3/4. I took the sleeve off and measured the outside and it equaled 3/4 as well. So Yay. i think. i can send photos?
    What engine is on there? If the engine has a 5/8 output shaft I don't believe that you can get a torque converter to fit it and I know that it is not the original engine. On my bike the output shaft is 3/4 and the jackshaft is 5/8. before we look at options determine exactly what output shaft you have. Measure it and let me know.
    sorry to pester you. I think my output shaft is 3/5 and i noticed they dont sell a series 20 driver for that size. but the shaft appears to have a sleeve on it that may make it 3/4? i dont know though. just curious how would a mini like this do on a centrifugal clutch
    I have a dumb question but i need an answer. I measured the diameter of my output shaft and i wasnt able to see what it was but i took the drive portion off and measure the hole and it was 3/4. does this mean my output shaft is 5/8 or 3/4 because the output shaft looked more 3/5 but i couldnt see. thanks
    Okay hey its me with the k&s bike with no torque converter. So are you completely sure that thats gonna fit because i dont want to buy it and have it not fit. by the way do you know the diameter of the jackshaft? (3/4, 1?) thanks. i really am looking forward to fixing it now that i can afford it
    OH thank you! i have the exact same mini bike and i could not find out what in the world it was. The torque converter has gone out! where can i get parts for it?
    The bike looks great.:thumbsup::thumbsup: I was wondering if you were still working on it.
    Rich, Do not get much of a chance to go on this site lately. Definately have some parts to sell or trade as I am starting another car project. I have pictures under thebronc4019
    HI I AM IN NJ. TO MAYBE WE CAN TRADE PARTS OR TALK ABOUT BIKES. MY PICTURES ARE AT renfastback talk to you later names RICH.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…