Recent content by Thxcuz

1. Thxcuz

7 hp Briggs,

Look maw, no mounting holes. Does this cover come off? forgive me, it’s my first briggs
  2. Thxcuz

7 hp Briggs,

I’ve been looking at the engine and I can’t see a way to mount a cvt. No mounting holes. Forgive me, it’s my first Briggs While I got you here, how do I make a more practical kill switch than just shorting out the spark plug
  3. Thxcuz

7 hp Briggs,

So I’m thinking of using this engine in a cushman style build. The plans are floating around on the internet from old Popular Mechanics articles. I’ve got plenty of scrap angle iron for the takin at work so I’ll only have to buy a few odds and ends. I’ll need wheels - what’s a good source? and...
  4. Thxcuz

7 hp Briggs,

Duly noted
  5. Thxcuz

7 hp Briggs,

I have a chance to get this frame. Can I fit big wheels on it. HF has 15 inch wheels.
  6. Thxcuz

7 hp Briggs,

I picked up a 7hp Briggs for 20 bucks. Are there any performance upgrades I can do to it? Or did I find another oddball (they seem to find me) I’m new to mini bikes but I’d like to make a street legal bike with taller wheels. Is that a thing? I want it to be a thing
  7. Thxcuz

Is this 5hp or 8hp

So I’ve determined it was built august 7th 1978. it starts on the first pull and the guy says it’s been sitting for years. He was impressed and so was I. He got it years ago from an old neighbor who used it on a log splitter. It needs a muffler. I’d like to put a lighting charging coil on it...
  8. Thxcuz

Is this 5hp or 8hp

Yep it’s white. I sanded I a bit. Now to find a frame for it. Anyone in St.Louis or thereabouts have a frame to sell?
  9. Thxcuz

Is this 5hp or 8hp

Also, 1 inch shaft
  10. Thxcuz

Is this 5hp or 8hp

Yep, you were right 7hp. was this engine shroud gold or red?
  11. Thxcuz

Is this 5hp or 8hp

Looks like a 78 maybe
  12. Thxcuz

Is this 5hp or 8hp

Would it be ok for a build?
  13. Thxcuz

Is this 5hp or 8hp

I’m getting this engine for 20 bucks. I just want to know what I’m getting into. The seller can’t find any markings. Thanks
  14. Thxcuz

New guy here

Here’s where I am now. It’s got so much torque it should be playing bass for the monkees.
  15. Thxcuz

New guy here

I rode it again today. Took it to 45 but then ran outta room (I live in an urban area so not many long roads to test it) it had plenty more to give. I’m confident 55 isnt an unrealistic goal. Brakes need to be adjusted or replaced...49 year old brake shoes need a little tlc or replacement. I...