Recent content by Tony b

1. T

Brake were. The flare is a little more than the picture shows

Thanks guys. The dip did not concern me it was the angle of the flare out. The kart won’t be driven much mostly for show. It does have 2 band brakes so safety isn’t a factor and if an uneven ware becomes extreme on one side of the band I guess I could flip it around
  2. T

Muskin Dune Cat Find! (Help Needed!)

Pretty pictures. Try making a mock one out of stiff cardboard to see if it fits your frame. If it’s good, make the real one, weld it to the frame. Install the axle with the inner flanges and bearings. The outside bearings and flanges (next to rims) bolt to the frame tabs (not welded to frame...
  3. T

The picture doesn’t truly show how much it is flared out. Old hands having a hard time holding two things and taking a picture. Lol
  4. T

Question… are brake drums supposed to flare out a little? The drum I have doesn’t have a true 90 degree angle. Afraid of on an un even band were
  5. T

If it helps any the circumference the corners that’s welded to the tube frame is 3/4” (moon crescent shape) total counting the two different plates that are welded together that form the corner of the box
  6. T

The top is 21” total with the 2 bent that sit on top of the 2 frame tubes
  7. T

I draw up some measurements for you. I don’t know how to measure the angles with the frame tube in the way. I can send pictures with a tape measure of different spots if needed
  8. T

Thanks. No other pictures needed so far. If you weld the spindles on about 8 degrees tilted back towards the engine they will work fine. Then later if you want you can weld on an extension, add a longer bolt and spring to make a ‘home made springer spindles. Any place the fiberglass shell is...
  9. T

Congratulations on your work so far. Look’n good so far. Might want to think about good springer spindles for the front. Granted they not a great suspension system but they do cut down on vibration and foam cover steering wheel helps too. Large v-tread tires with low pressure helps with the...
  10. T

Need dune cat pictures

Perfect!! Thank you so much. Hope to pictures of yours running some day soon.
  11. T

Need dune cat pictures

Thank you! The bearing flanges looks like there sandwich on both sides of the frame tabs. One picture of the underside and I would know for sure. I can see the gap between the flanges. Any history with your dune cat?
  12. T

Need dune cat pictures

Or maybe not? Hard to tell in the pictures
  13. T

Need dune cat pictures

The next two pictures I found on the web have the flanges mounted differently