Recent content by trevor464

1. T

Coleman BT200X help

I am leaning towards trying to bypass the governor by using this: https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/throttle-assembly-for-ungoverned-engines-gx200-predator-212.html Does anyone have any idea if this would work? Basically the governor arm would just sit there and the carb wouldn't be dependent on...
  2. T

Coleman BT200X help

Can I just buy a new clutch with the engine and not have to do any modifications?
  3. T

Coleman BT200X help

Thanks for that - I read that thread previously, but I am not super mechanically inclined, so I was having trouble following what you did. I wish there was someone I knew around here that had experience on small engines. Everyone I've called has said they don't work on them. I'm starting to...
  4. T

Coleman BT200X help

Sorry for reviving this thread, but after much debate I am just leaning towards spending $100 on a new predator engine instead of spending $150 to buy the governor removal kit and go through trying to do it myself. Questions if you guys have time/knowledge - Is there an easy way to tell if I...
  5. T

Coleman BT200X help

Thanks a ton. I am not super technical when it comes to working on bikes and cars, but that kit is exactly what I was looking for instead of trying to piece together the things I "think" I need. Are there any specific tools that I'll need to buy? I was planning on getting a torque wrench to make...
  6. T

Coleman BT200X help

Is there anything I can do to make it handle the higher RPMS with the governor removed? Torque converter kit? I know I prob need to put 18 lb valve springs in there if I take out the governor. Thanks a ton for your guy's help, I really appreciate it
  7. T

Coleman BT200X help

If I take it all apart to put a new one in, wouldn't it just be better to remove it all together?
  8. T

Coleman BT200X help

Do you think the easiest thing to do is just remove the governor? I watched Redbeard's video on it, but I just don't want to screw something else up.
  9. T

Coleman BT200X help

Been trying everything I can think of, but I can't seem to get the governor arm to return. I've tried turning the inner screw on top of the governor arm, but cant seem to get it to return back. Is it possible that the governor itself inside is shot? Sitting there: Holding the governor arm...
  10. T

Coleman BT200X help

Thanks!! I appreciate the help a lot. I don't think thats it. The throttle seems to open and snap closed like it should. Per the comments in the video, I found a guy with the same issue I've got: EJ S3 weeks ago Hey, nice try bud! Anyone who has the bike in front of them will get the jist of...
  11. T

Coleman BT200X help

Hey guys, Sorry my first post is asking for help, but I am not sure what to do at this point. I purchased a BT200X a couple months ago and have taken it out a total of 3 times on some back trails. Here is the order in what happened: -Purchased bike and put together -Cut off the tack-welded...