Recent content by trooper-v-modelB

1. T

Briggs 8hp crankshaft

Does the crank have to come from an engine with dual ball bearings?
  2. T

Briggs 8hp crankshaft

I am replacing a 7hp engine that got blown up last summer in my Tote Gote 780 Nova. The clutch is still good. My plan was to just pull off everything from the 7hp and put on the 8hp short block, but sounds like the 7hp crankshaft won't work. Any suggestions?
  3. T

Briggs 8hp crankshaft

I found a 8hp IC shortblock, but the output shaft is Tapered Tapped 5/16-24 4-11/32 Measured from Flange mounting face on ball bearing, horizontal crankshaft engine. The block was used on Model Series: 195400. I was hoping to figure out which crankshaft would work to replace it so I can run a...
  4. T

Briggs 8hp crankshaft

I have answered some of my own questions with some help from a member here. I found these too websites below that list the dimensions and the crankshafts that come with shortblocks respectively...
  5. T

Briggs 8hp crankshaft

Couple of questions - Are the 7hp and 8hp crankshafts interchangeable? (7hp is a plain bearing, while the 8hp is a ball bearing) Does anyone know of a part listing for 8hp crankshafts for Model Series: 195400? That lists the dimensions and part numbers of the crankshaft.
  6. T

Mikuni carb for 7hp Briggs

I just went down to the motorcycle salvage and dug around until I found a cable that would work. Took some digging, but all said and done I had a hand full of cables for like 7 dollars.
  7. T

Thanks for the info gents. Looks like I have next weekends project all lined out.
  8. T

I was leaning towards the VM26 spigot mount.
  9. T

Where would be the best place to go have one made?
  10. T

Does anyone know where I can find a flange that will bolt up to a old L head Briggs motor? I want to run a VM26 or there abouts.
  11. T

Tote Gote Nova needs a new motor

I have a 780 Nova that needs the a motor replaced. The old 7hp briggs on it now needs to be replaced and I have been unable to find anything that will work. I am finding lots of Tecumseh engines though. Does anyone know if I can put a 7-8 hp Tecumseh in a 780 Nova?
  12. T

8hp Briggs

Hi, I need 3 good running 8hp Briggs L heads. Have to replace some old 6hp in my tote gotes. Thanks
  13. T

Dune Gote Axle Help

I have a Haxco HA 251 axle. How do I take the axle apart? I got it opened up, but I can't get the gears out to clean them up. Does anyone have any experience with these axles?
  14. T

Mini Bike Jeopardy !!!

what is mountianeer??
  15. T

Tote Gote Model B

Selling my really nice Model B. All original. Has the canvas bag and head light. The bike needs a new paint job and then its prefect. The engine runs really nice. The Gote was stored indoors for most of its life and has been since I have owned it. I don't want to ship. Buyer is to arrange pick...