Recent content by ubernoob51

1. U

NOS Tecumseh HS40 For Sale

Bump. Still available.
  2. U

Clinton A490 Panther

Terry was right! The points that were in it were burnt, they were likely the original ones and had Clinton stamped on them. I installed and gapped a set of Tecumseh points, and the engine runs great!
  3. U

Clinton A490 Panther

I appreciate that Terry. I sent you a PM.
  4. U

Clinton A490 Panther

Currently at 0.6 ohms on the primary winding and 4.62K-ohms on the secondary winding.
  5. U

Clinton A490 Panther

Just pulled the mag and coil off.
  6. U

Clinton A490 Panther

Terry, do you have a source for OEM ignition coils or something bolt-in that's not too difficult to modify?
  7. U

1968 Tecumseh H50 "Hot Rod" Build

Well, the rings I put in the go-kart HH60 got ruined because I ran a synthetic oil that says "Not for engine break-in" right on the bottle. It ran fine at first, but started smoking worse and worse, so I ordered the same set of rings from the same seller on ebay. I explained why I bought...
  8. U

Does anyone have a recommendation for stiffer valve springs for my medium frame Tecumsehs?
  9. U

Mystery ‘68 Rupp Build

I'm trying to get more RPM out of my H50, does anyone have a recommendation for stiffer valve springs? Cam is an H70 MCR cam.
  10. U

My first Rupp.

For me, they're better, since I have several Rupps and can take a different one for a ride every day. Can't do that with a wife or girlfriend!
  11. U

Yessir.
  12. U

NOS Tecumseh HS40 For Sale

NOS HS40 for sale. Never been used, never had oil or fuel in it. In wonderful shape, looks to be a 1983 year of manufacture. Perfect for your minibike! Will run great, but looks good enough for a display bike. Comes in the original Tecumseh box, ready to ship but would prefer a local sale. If...
  13. U

I used a piece of sandpaper to give it as good a crosshatch as I could manage by hand. Moot point, because I actually ended up putting another set of rings in, because it turns out the set I had put in there previously were used. This time, I found a 3-stone hone and gave it a good...
  14. U

Clinton A490 Panther

Shockingly even with my 350 pounds it works great! My much lighter nephew took it for a ride and says it's much faster; for me, it's about the same speed-wise, I just like the RPM change when it shifts.
  15. U

So I put fresh rings into the electric start HH60 that's on my go-kart. It already has a Motorsports billet rod and a Dell'Orto, but it burned oil and I've never looked at the rings. Haven't ridden it yet, but it seems to smoke less on the bench already. I have a 0.010 over piston/ring set if...