Recent content by UnorthodoxCreat

1. UnorthodoxCreat

Dr. Shop Teacher's JFF Gilson Knight Rider

Excellent work as always
  2. UnorthodoxCreat

Smoking centrifugal-what did I do wrong

Thanks guys. I'm going to sand the clutch a little just to clean it up again. I'm going to change my big sprocket back to the 58T I had on there with the torque converter. I have room for a little bigger sprocket but hopefully the 58T will do. The clutch does sit almost all the crank and I have...
  3. UnorthodoxCreat

Smoking centrifugal-what did I do wrong

Yesterday I switched from the torque converter I had on my drift trike (https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/projects-and-rides/142503-drift-trike-build.html) to a Hilliard's Extreme Duty Clutch #35 12T 3/4". The reason for this was I kept popping the chain off. I believe this was caused by 2...
  4. UnorthodoxCreat

Restoring Lloyd and Harry's Mini Bike

Very cool project. Nicely done.
  5. UnorthodoxCreat

Shifter Minibike Build

Nice build
  6. UnorthodoxCreat

Drift Trike Build

Not the best quality but here is a video. Can't figure out how to embed it in a post. https://youtu.be/YKD97jKUn1g
  7. UnorthodoxCreat

Drift Trike Build

More assembly At that point it was time to call it a night. I had worked for 11 hours on Sunday and I needed to get home. Sunday I finished what I could then headed to my parents with all my other mini bikes. At my parents I got a chain made and got the throttle hooked up...
  8. UnorthodoxCreat

Drift Trike Build

Sorry for the lack of posts. I got more caught up in trying to get this built for Sunday and less worried about taking pics. This was last week, building a "roll bar". I thought it looked good and would keep you from leaning into anything hot or any moving parts. This would go in the...
  9. UnorthodoxCreat

Drift Trike Build

I cleaned up where I had cut the top tube off the bike frame today so I could make a gusset. I decided to cut open the top tube of the bike and use that as the gusset. Some grinding and spreading of it and I had a decent gusset. It goes farther down the frame than I originally planned but...
  10. UnorthodoxCreat

Drift Trike Build

The handlebars are pretty comfortable as is. When I assemble I'm going to try flipping the stem around but I think it's going to look and function best as is. I'm going to cut the remainder of the bike top tube cut away and then add a gusset. I don't plan to further tie into bottom of the frame...
  11. UnorthodoxCreat

Drift Trike Build

I think I have 6 or more gas tanks of different shapes and sizes around but nothing really worked for what I need to I decided to section this tank and make it into what I need. I didn't really want to cut up a nice looking tank but it's pretty big and I tend to build small so I probably...
  12. UnorthodoxCreat

Drift Trike Build

My reasoning for this brake system was simplicity and cost. I've also used this caliper before on a pretty heavy mini bike and I know it will lock up this pvc very easily. I couldn't justify the cost of hydraulic brake kit when this provides all the stopping power needed. Making a pull handle...
  13. UnorthodoxCreat

Drift Trike Build

It took a couple tries to get the right size and geometry to make the caliper work correctly but I finally got a brake lever setup that I think looks good and will function well. I cut the V-brakes bosses off the back of the bike frame and tacked them to the front forks of the drift trike.
  14. UnorthodoxCreat

Drift Trike Build

I'm using 3/4" schedule 40 pipe for most of this. Bends pretty nicely in my Harbor Freight pipe bender.