Recent content by VPD66

1. V

Craftsman 6 inch Lathe

Sorry for being late but I just first saw this post. I believe that is a Dunlap lathe sold by Sears (Craftsmen). Does it have the tag with the serial number? If the serial number starts with 109 then it is a Dunlap. If it starts with 101 then it is an Atlas. The Atlas is a more beefier lathe and...
  2. V

Anyone have a mega moto 212?

My guess would be to keep the front end down on take off. They also put a speed limiting spacer in the drive clutch. My guess is they didn't want to sell a minibike that people would be flipping over backward on take off (hence the tall 5.3-1 gear ratio), but then it had too much top speed and...
  3. V

SYMCO Hotrod & Kustom, Mini bike racing. Aug 9-10

I was there has a spectator and it was a great event. With over 300 minibikes it almost seems like it could have its own event. Its great to see that kind of enthusiasm toward minibikes. With that said I think you could have some more basic safety rules for the racers. Long sleeve shirts or...
  4. V

Stage 1 kit for lifan 212

I don't know how to post a sketch, but if you look at the sketch Charles S has posted I would not use the two bends he shows to get the exhaust to the outside of the frame. Just use the 90 degree off the motor then run it through the fender straight back. You may or may not need a second bent.
  5. V

But you only get the 14.3:1 right on take off. Has soon has the belt starts riding up the drive clutch it starts dropping into the driven clutch reducing the gear ratio all the way into an overdrive ratio.With the little bit of research I've done it seems 5.3:1 is a pretty tall gear for a CVT...
  6. V

That is the way I was thinking of but cut a small piece of the fender out and keep it inside the frame. Wrap it with heat wrap to keep it from melting the fender. I think it could be done with only 2 bends. One tight 90 degree off the motor and one about 15 degree to get it going straight out...
  7. V

That header will work but I'd think it would be a leg burner. Also I think it goes over the CVT cover requiring you to remove the pipe to get the cover off.
  8. V

I have tried all the holes in the governor arm,I've shortened the governor spring, and have put a zip tie through the governor spring and I can only get 3800-3900 rpm. I'm starting to think the gearing is what is holding (or should I say loading) the engine back. These bikes come with a 5.3-1...
  9. V

new mega moto

I'm going to make a header with a muffler for mine plus put a different rejetted carb and free flowing air filter. I do agree the stock muffler really isn't that quiet.
  10. V

Mega Moto...what's going on??

So that is what that bracket on the back of the engine is for! I noticed it the first day I got this bike and wondered what it was for.
  11. V

new mega moto

Good info! I knew it was a Lifan engine but just thought it was the same has a non Hemi headed Predator engine. So if I need parts for the engine where do I get them and are they the same has a non Hemi headed Predator?
  12. V

I just went and looked at mine. The lanyard chain for the fuel cap is attached off center and it looks like the fuel cap is vented in the center. Also there is a screw in plug on the side of the tank that faces the rear of the bike just above the seam. It looks like the update has been done on mine.
  13. V

new mega moto

The make your own header kit still might work. You'd just have to make a new flange with the round port design. Or cut the flange off the stock muffler and use it.
  14. V

new mega moto

There isn't a direct bolt on stage 1 kit for these. A Trail master or Colman stage 1 kit would work except for the header pipe. The frame and fender is what gets in the way of the header pipe. I plan on piecing together a stage 1 kit for mine. I purchased a new Predator 212 carb from Ebay...
  15. V

Do you have any info on the recall kit? I've never heard of it. I have a MM-B212 built inn Sept 2017 too and would like to know if the recall has been done on mine.