Recent content by Wayne S

1. Wayne S

Another Centaur raises it's head

Here you go...disassembly in progress. "F" code 1300cc and 4sp transaxle. More pictures coming and yep, I still want your body :laugh:
  2. Wayne S

Nailed it Steve! Start with the cap because it intrigues me the most...looks like a 70's Dodge Charger flip cap and if it is, it is the second expensive piece. The front wheel is vintage and Bobby Espy (Director of local chapter of BTW) said if I get it re-nickel plated, was a thousand dollar...
  3. Wayne S

30 second update: I finished up the gal except for the paint, just buffed it out an she looked great. A gent gave me a call and wanted to make an offer. He showed up with a trailer and a deal was struck. Two weeks later the missus missed her ride and wanted me to find a replacement trike...
  4. Wayne S

Take a look and listen (video)

Nuts, nothing easy. Makes me almost wish I was in snow country again just to get this lady back on the road....................almost! Might just have to make a run to the Yamaha dealership and take the old Mikuni in and see what they have on the 2-stroke 4 runners that may work. The...
  5. Wayne S

I am going that route now to put the single carb/intake back in, just hate giving up on something... :censure:
  6. Wayne S

Yep the K340 2AS motor was replace with a SK340 2AS and also did away with the oil injection. The carbs came with the motor and I thought I would give them a try. Before I set them up, I took them apart and the left looked like a new gasket set was installed. I used a gasket kit on the right...
  7. Wayne S

Kohler 340, dual Walbro WD 6 carbs Hard starting even with engine warm. Lots of popping at idle. Left exhaust pipe hot after 20 min run time. Welding gloves Right exhaust pipe cool after 20 min run time. Bare hand Left exhaust leaving an oil trail. Right exhaust leaving a small oil...
  8. Wayne S

Thank you Sir...just have to find a port to plug something like this in.
  9. Wayne S

Now, anyone know how to set Walbro WD 6 carbs. She bogs down at half throttle. Ye ole internet said to set the idle @ 1-1/4 out, but nothing on the power screw.
  10. Wayne S

OK So the smoke I was seeing was a bad thing...lost compression on #1 at a bike show no less Good news is I found a Kohler 340, bad news it was out of a snowmobile and not oil injected. Good news is that it had dual carb, bad news was I had to relocate the shift cable to get around the carbs...
  11. Wayne S

Steve, a gent up in Washington State is looking for a little help on his centaur. I'm passing...

Steve, a gent up in Washington State is looking for a little help on his centaur. I'm passing his number along in a PM
  12. Wayne S

Rupp centaur

1974 Rupp Centaur trike all Original. It has 1119 miles on it and it runs and drives. Very nice trike asking $3000 obo. Location: ettrick, WI Email: corkomp07@gmail.com Phone: 6084842321 Here is another one, 1975 Rupp Centaur Trike 440 - $2600 (Windsor Locks) Here is a nice complete 1975 Rupp...
  13. Wayne S

I'm satisfied for the moment.
  14. Wayne S

Medical advise

Multitude of sins :doah: I thought there was a vent in the cap, so I tapped over a hole on the filler neck to keep the dirt dobbers out. There wasn't a check valve listed in the parts book, but the "weight" that was at the bottom of the line was a filter and yep, it was toast. The non-flexible...
  15. Wayne S

Nice one in MO

Old school minibike Rolling frame with running 5 hp briggs and clutch