Recent content by wjustice

1. W

Alsport RTS 340

Have you tried fitting that starter yet. It is completely different from the one im using on my k3402ax. The oEM starters dont have a nosecone, only the shaft and gear sticking out.
  2. W

t 555

Surplus Center and Northern Tool also had them. I haven't checked if they still do.
  3. W

Pressure washer winterizing

You can also use the briggs or sta-bil pump saver. Its a foamy oil like that displaces water and lubes the pump. The Briggs stuff has gotten pricy but the Sta-bil is less then $7 on Amazon. You just attach it to your water inlet and press the button. You can do 2-3 pumps with one can.
  4. W

Trike but not sure what

Well, lots of it looks like an Alsport RTS but some of it most definitely it not.
  5. W

Alsport RTS 340

Something I thought of. Maybe reconsider pulling the clutch off the crank. If only to replace the crank seal. Its real easy to change once the clutch is off. Its in a removable plate. Do the mag side also, once you pull the flywheel. You don't know if they have ever been changed and you don't...
  6. W

Alsport RTS 340

Does it have a single "L" ring or L and a second square lower ring. Dual rings are more desirable but much less common. The L rings can be found but the square rings are very hard to find.
  7. W

Alsport RTS 340

I cant remember but I think its just a steering wheel puller that you can use.
  8. W

Alsport RTS 340

Grab a engine manual off of vintagesnow.com. The pre 73 kohler is the one you want.
  9. W

Alsport RTS 340

If the springs and rollers are ok dont mess with it. Pulling the clamp plate off can be a pain to get it back on correctly. It does have a charge coil on the stator plate but need a rectifier to charge. You really only need it if you want lighting or to add electric start. Message me if you need...
  10. W

Centrifugal clutch or torque converter?

For the pulling to the right. Use a sewing tape measure and check the circumference of both tires. You will probably find the left is slightly larger then the right. Adjust the pressures until they are both the same. You may even need to make the right side a bit bigger to stop the pull.
  11. W

Alsport RTS 340

The convertor is on a tapered shaft. Remove the outer cover and then there is a puller to remove the main inside assembly. It threads into the convertor and pushes on the center of the crank. Do NOT pull on the edges to try to remove it, it will break. There are rebuild kits for the 780...
  12. W

Alsport RTS 340

Well pistons Can be had, along with rings. The "L" rings are available but if it has dual rings the lower square one is hard to find. Important is the crank. Verify the low compression issue. Maybe pull the exhaust and get a look at the pistons. There isn't a lot to these engines
  13. W

Alsport RTS 340

Does the engine spin free?
  14. W

Thimb throttle

A thumb throttle cannot change the power of your engine. Check that it is opening the carb all the way.
  15. W

Throttle Cable for a Drift Trike - need 100 inches but hard to find

A quick look on amazon and this! https://a.co/d/92JTDwA