Recent content by youngengines

1. Y

You guys see the new ACR parts for predator/clone?

The Ducar 212 crank has a gx200 (or clone of course) size rod journal, but the wrist pin in the piston is larger. You can use a clone rod on the crank if you swap the piston to a regular predator (hemi for a flat top or regular style for a dish). The head has a 27 24mm valve combo, but the angle...
  2. Y

270 Carb with a 390 adapter?

Be careful with a 270 carb and 390 adapter.. the 390 gasket is too big, and wont seal.. I put some epoxy in the vent channel where it was close to sealing, and made a gasket. (epoxy on the side away from where the vent actually breaths through. My kart runs very well with the 270 carb on meth...
  3. Y

Head porting and polishing

I average building around three heads per week, and average four SA or 390 carbs. I get $80.00 to port..that includes flow testing (they are usually flowed a few times to get them exactly where I want them). I build them with all the info I can get from the customer. I want to know what it will...
  4. Y

Perfomance built Hemi Predator project

I mean just cut the deck for a stainless oring.. its .041 thick, you leave about .010 out and run a copper gasket. My friend does mine, he can do it with the shortblock assembled.
  5. Y

Perfomance built Hemi Predator project

You could have the block oringed too.. I have had good luck with it.. just one failure, but it was due to the block having a small part of a deck extension on it still.
  6. Y

New 18cc clone head.

I didn't have any problems with installing the 32mm valve seat.. I unshrouded the chamber as well.. it is going on a 2.815 bore, so I had room to get it nice.
  7. Y

New 18cc clone head.

I flowed one as well.. nothing special at all (as expected). I have done one with a 28mm valve, and one with a 32mm valve.. they both turned out very nice.
  8. Y

short stroke hemi

^^I agree... and bigger bore helps all of them.. if you have enough flow to keep up any way.
  9. Y

New 18cc clone head.

I have a few too.. I just put a seat and a 28.5 valve in one today, I hope to flow it tomorrow..I will be doing a 32 as well
  10. Y

Open Clone Build

Its gonna be a beast.. Cold?? Its 17 here now... burr
  11. Y

Open Clone Build

The dyno this engine was run on shows lower than most dynos I have seen too.. this is a very good running engine! I would expect it to show 24hp on most dynos..especially shops that bulid a lot of legal stocker clones.
  12. Y

Follow up question on 1.3 rocker....beyond frustrated

What springs are on the engine.. and , did you put a 1.3 on the intake and exhaust?
  13. Y

hemi head rework

This is a very good thread! I have done a lot of Hemi heads, and like them.. :)
  14. Y

Dyno numbers on black mamba cams?

I wish I could answer this. The thing is, the port plays a huge role in the power range.. Do you have flow numbers on the head?
  15. Y

Yet another quick question

I have done a pile of engines with mod 2 cams and a 1.3 rocker on the intake only. If the intake valve is larger than stock, and the port flows a lot more than stock, you may benefit from a 1.3 on the exhaust as well. The only way to know 100% is have the head flowed.. IMO