1947 JAWA CZ 125 Conversion ....

thought i would share progress of most recent project .......i found this crusty old girl a couple months ago chained to a tree at an antique shop on the east end of long island ! the dealer thought somebody would use it as "WALL ART", and i said HELL NO !, i'm gonna RIDE that thing !!! ...(the bike still had original tires and tool box !)...did some research and found it to be a 1947 JAWA CZ 125 !!!,.....the motor was totally trashed, and parts were virtually non existant to restore it, so i figured what the hell, lets put a 10 HP TECUMSEH in her, and build a custom MINI BIKE !... had to fab an engine mounting plate, and extended the footpegs to accomodate the width of the engine with rupp fold up pegs off a trashed frame i had,....the forks had a ton of "slop"in them, so i welded in brackets and added a harley sportster fork brace, and also cut down a sportster front fender for the rear of the bike,....i made the steering dampening control knob out of a real SMITH & WESSON .38 revolver cylinder, ....i made all the graphics and decals myself,....the tank is bc/cc gloss black, and just about everything else has been powdercoated. .....i've built a few custom rupps that i've posted here, but was looking to try something that was really different.......hope you guys like it OldMiniBikes 1.jpg OldMiniBikes 2.jpg OldMiniBikes 3.jpg OldMiniBikes 4.jpg OldMiniBikes 5.jpg OldMiniBikes 6.jpg OldMiniBikes 7.jpg OldMiniBikes 8.jpg OldMiniBikes 9.jpg OldMiniBikes 10.jpg OldMiniBikes 11.jpg OldMiniBikes 12.jpg OldMiniBikes 13.jpg OldMiniBikes 14.jpg OldMiniBikes 15.jpg OldMiniBikes 16.jpg OldMiniBikes 17.jpg OldMiniBikes 18.jpg OldMiniBikes 19.jpg OldMiniBikes 20.jpg OldMiniBikes 21.jpg OldMiniBikes 22.jpg OldMiniBikes 23.jpg OldMiniBikes 24.jpg OldMiniBikes 25.jpg OldMiniBikes 26.jpg OldMiniBikes 27.jpg

Last edited:

Biffmini

Fantastic Custom bike!!! I love it, your skills are off the charts. But i think it would better in my garage.:drool::thumbsup:

Wow great job thats a quality build. You know gokarts usa sells an aluminum torque converter cover that would look sweet on there. If you want to do away witht he cheezy plastic :thumbsup: one High Grade Aluminum Cast Cover, 30 Series Gokart Torque Converter
THANX everyone for the positive comments !..coming from you guys means alot , because there are ALOT of SERIOUSLY TALENTED people here in this forum !!.......the aluminum cover is on my list of finishing touches !!...only used the plastic one because it came with the T/C

WLB

Very nice. Watch don't poke those primers with anything sharp:laugh::laugh: The original engine would make nice wall art.

Way cool. How's she ride?
so far , so good !.... a bit stiff without rear suspension, so i dont think i'll be taking any jumps anytime soon LOL !! ...i'm estimating 35-40 mph top end.....i'm happy with the speed as i built it primarily as a show/conversation piece bike,.......but its a little slow out of the hole, so i may play around with gearing.....overall , i'm very happy with the end result, and i got alot of pleasure bringing this crusty ole girl back to life !.....:thumbsup: CZ before after.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing that would make that look better is a hot chick setting on it.
your ABSOLUTELY RIGHT PAP......thats 100% BETTER ! LOL !,......THATS why this forum is the BEST on the web !,.....always getting GREAT tips from the experts on how to improve our machines !.....:thumbsup:

Attachments

Last edited: