"Goliath" Mini Tank - Jeep2003 MT2W 2014

That video is sick jeep. Your attention to detail is top notch, i wish i had your patience. what you in college for? you better say being an engineer. and hows the 944 running?

Thanks Im working on the trailer for it now. Heres the build page > http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/106866-custom-trailer-goliath-mini-tank.html . So I can take the tank or strap some minis or bicycles to it for car shows and stuff and pull it behind my 67 Cj-5 . Never been to college. I dont have a 944. yet lol But my 911 and 914 are doing good aside from some dead batteries but you can blame that on the winter. I also got a 72 911T targa over the summer for free. Its basicly a stripped shell with suspension and a few other parts. Im going to sell it though. It deserves to be restored properly and thats for someone else not me.

Actually I havnt worked a real job in almost 3 years. I was a carpenter since 03 after high school. now i just do odd jobs and sell stuff on ebay. Im not sure what job id like to do next but money isnt a problem right now so im in no hurry.

I think i screwed up the tranny a bit. One of the rear wheels loaded up with ice like a snowball effect and it was locking up one of the tracks intermittenly. Then the tranny started skipping and grinding from the shock. It was pretty bad and i couldnt get it go anywhere. Then I found the problem and cleared the jam. I drove it again and it seemed fine but going through the gears i still got some skipping going on. So Im going to pull the tranny apart and check it out before it munches itself to death.

I got the transmission apart. Only took 10 or 15 minutes so I did a good job designing it for maintanence. First gear has 2 teeth missing and 3rd as 1 tooth. I could only find 2 teeth in the grease id hate to leave it in there. So im going to look at the junk yard for some new gears. Im not sure if welding them into shape is such a good idea. If i end up having to buy them individually online i will probrobly weld up the 3rd gear. Also the input shaft bearing seemed a bit woobly Ill have to look into that some more.

Hey guys I know I havnt updated this page in a while thats because I really havnt done much to it. Its been working well enough. But I broke another steering belt and decided its just going to be an ongoing problem for me and when other people use it they probrobly wont be so gentle on the belts. So I had these large band brakes. I think they are about 8" from peerless differentials. I made hubs for them and they seem to work great. Luckily i made the tank easy enough to work on I just pulled off the sides to get to them. They are a little harder to actuate but its not bad. I think they are better than the old setup because those belts probrobly had some drag and these dont. And these arnt so grabby and that puts less stress on the trans. If I decide i want them easier i can make little leavers on the bands so it takes less force to work them. Im glad I didnt have to resort to a hydralic disc setup. I want to keep things simple and reliable. Im very happy with these new brakes. Now they are as strong as a tank should be.