Baja heat

The $50 Harbor Freight bead breaker is worth every penny. I suppose it's $40 with a 20% off coupon...;)

On the bearings, sometimes you can angle your drift and knock the spacer tube off to the side a bit so you can get to the edge of the bearing from the other side and drive it out. I'd say it's good practice to replace any bearings that you hammer on in any case. eBay is a great source for inexpensive bearings.
Daddy John. Thank you sir, I definitely had a hard time, that bead breaker would’ve save me a lot of time and big time frustration. I am going to replace the bearings, they all were seized up . Just getting prices together for this

Blind hole puller. Autozone rents them. Nice tool to have around. You insert the end into the bore, turn the "head" and it expands enough to grab the lip of the bearing. Then you operate it like a slide puller/slide hammer. Only works if the tool can get a purchase on the lip of your bearing, and the spacer is larger than the axle diameter.
I will have to check into this if not buy one in the future, I like that idea of the expansion head to grab the ID of the bearings

Thanks Dave

With apologies for the thread hijack...

Delray - do you have a post out there with more detail on what you did to add suspension to your bike? That's one of the long term plans for my Baja but I haven't been able to find any good up close pics of what guys have done to add a swingarm to it.

delray

force, I,m not sure if I can find my old thread on that build. tons of things done to it.
here is a mock up of the frame done with the rear swing arms ready to go. where the arms pivot I have two bronze bushings each side and a grease insert in front of the small tubing.

Possom point, I see you took your forks apart. I like to rebuild my forks someday. they have just little clunk noise in them when I take it off road under rough conditions.
:scooter:
Yes sir, I stripped the paint off of those as well and got 2-3 coats of gloss black and 2 coats of clear coat. I’m doing a darker gray and black theme on this bike

Dang those are some beefy tires! Hope you are going to attach them to some horsepower :)
Pics from eBay didn’t do them justice, the tread is a lot bigger than I was expecting/wanted. And there 6 ply, Right now it’s not Guna be a hopped up motor, that will come down the road. It’s going to have a jet kit, air filter upgrade and a TAV with yellow spring for now. Internal parts will be added later when I have extra money.:p

Gota love big ol' knoby tires, that thing will be a blast to ride. looks hot too!
Thank you, I’m guna tinker with the motor and put the jet kit air filter on and start laying out the TAV. I’m hoping it will have enough nice to pull the tires, force has got me thinking about these heavy tires, may actually slow me down.