2019 gomas minibike massacre

ugmold

So I will be shooting video again this year. (4th year) I am looking for helmet cam footage during a race and would like to include some in the video.
If anyone is going to be running a helmet cam and wants to share footage with me, I'll be bringing my Mac and SD card reader to grab your footage, thanks. Remember to wear a Viking Costume, and ham it up for the video (lol). (Gomas request)

So I will be shooting video again this year. (4th year) I am looking for helmet cam footage during a race and would like to include some in the video.
If anyone is going to be running a helmet cam and wants to share footage with me, I'll be bringing my Mac and SD card reader to grab your footage, thanks. Remember to wear a Viking Costume, and ham it up for the video (lol). (Gomas request)
Awesome job last year btw! (my first)

I plan to have a GoPro on my head again this year (if not two...one forward, one backward) and will be happy to share the raw footage with you

Here's me giggling like a school girl last year during the final run:

joshua. c.

im trying to get one of my new bikes going before the race but i need to order parts. There's not much time left so im cutting it close and dont know if it'll be ready. I think i need to gear down my current bike to get better bottom end to get off the line faster at the start. maybe youll see me on one of your videos.

I74

My Ol'lady is originally from MA.
We plan on strapping the minibikes on back of a 5th wheel ''home on wheels'', & hitting the road out that way in a couple of years or so ...
Definitely will put this event on our bucket list. ;)

joshua. c.

im aiming for firs but if i end up in second place I'll still take it. even tho its a toilet seat. thats alot better than ive ever done before.

ugmold

Awesome job last year btw! (my first)

I plan to have a GoPro on my head again this year (if not two...one forward, one backward) and will be happy to share the raw footage with you

Here's me giggling like a school girl last year during the final run:
That would be great "force", I'll be walking around with camera and wearing a purple "Vikings" FB Jersey (get it?)
Thanks

Bike has been giving me problems of course. Rejetted the carb and it was running great, then the recoil broke. Fixed that. Started leaking gas at the carb. Fixed that. Then rear tire went flat, thought it was the shrader valve. Nope. Tube was ripped where the valve stem attaches. Had to pull it all apart and fix that. Thankfully I had an old tube here to use.
Changed oil, went over the bike in preparation for the race.
This always seems to happen at the worst times lmao
Fingers crossed the bike stays good for Saturday.

ugmold

Bike has been giving me problems of course. Rejetted the carb and it was running great, then the recoil broke. Fixed that. Started leaking gas at the carb. Fixed that. Then rear tire went flat, thought it was the shrader valve. Nope. Tube was ripped where the valve stem attaches. Had to pull it all apart and fix that. Thankfully I had an old tube here to use.
Changed oil, went over the bike in preparation for the race.
This always seems to happen at the worst times lmao
Fingers crossed the bike stays good for Saturday.
Not too much left to go wrong, so you should be good, lol. See you Saturday.

Not too much left to go wrong, so you should be good, lol. See you Saturday.
Haha I don’t want to jinx it but lmfao your are kinda right!
This event has not been the greatest as far as my luck has been. 1st year = horrible crash, 2nd year= bike would not run. This year bunch of stuff went wrong right before the race, almost like life is handing me directions.
But I have high hopes for this year. Like you said, not much left to go wrong. Sun’s gotta shine on my back door someday right?

joshua. c.

my new bike isn't ready, it needs to much work to meet the deadline. but my current race bike is good to go, so looking forward to Saturday. see you there.

Prob not going to make it to the race today. I am having too much anxiety and rust riding in the wet grass around my house it is real slippery. 4 straight days of rain in my area.
I think that crash I had 2yr ago messed with my head and I am just scared of that course.
Some of you probably figured this would happen and I thought I could handle it but there’s no sense driving an hour and a half each way only to turn around and drive home.
This is just my personal issue, nothing against the event in fact it is a really fun event, if it was dry I would feel much more comfortable. I have been going back and forth the past couple days and “being stressed about riding totally defeats the purpose”, to quote Gumpit. And that is so true.
Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Plus I’m worried that me being so nervous will make me a danger to other riders. That’s not fair to the others who are just trying to have a good time. No reason to put others in danger over my personal issues.