Help with Lil Indian Brakes

Thanks for the photo Eric. Your sprocket is way further out from your wheel than mine is. I can barely get my fingers in that gap. (Don't repeat that) I will compare with your .545 measurement.

Do you recall where you got your sprocket spacers at, or what they measured at? This is all set up with those spacers, and I have the originals, and I have the ones Lil Indian says are the replacements. ($5 each!) Both are the same. Are there different lil Indian brake calipers out there? LOL, this is one of those perplexing things so simple, yet so hidden.

Five years ago, there would have been ten lil Indian experts chiming in here. I appreciate whatever help I can get, but I can't help but to note how far into irrelevance OldMiniBikes Forums have fallen. There are five or six posts, three pages long about the demise of Monster Moto, and Laura and Luke's wedding vows.

Get it? "Ten Lil Indians?"

Dave , as far as I know my spacers are original along with my sprocket that came on the bike when I bought it . I will measure my sprocket spacers for you today . Only two brake calipers that I know of and most are the common ones like I have on my bike . I think the real early calipers where a little different .

Dang. I can not see anything wrong. Just measured from outside of sprocket to inside of axle tab, and it's .44 something. I don't want you to remove the rear wheel from that beautiful bike Eric. I'll keep whacking at this until I figure it out. I know of some work-arounds, but as I said, I was trying to make this as original as I could get it.

This is a six inch version, but from what I gather, it should all be the same. Then again, there is a real lack of information on the Spitfires in general. I found some glaring errors in the assembly and welding processes on this bike earlier, with the fold down bars and alignment, so I might have some frame issues.

I guess I wont be trying to sell "this" one as a yellow roller on Ebay for $1200 eh? LOL!

I found it. I went back and measured both sets of sprocket spacers and the original and the new 2 3/16" spacers were actually 2 1/8". That 1/16 was what I needed. I shimmed the sprocket with some new washers, that were slightly thicker than the .0625 I needed and it fit and worked perfectly.

So Allied/ Lil Indian advertises the correct 2 3/16 (2.1875) but in reality is selling a 2 1/8" long (2.125) spacer. Now on to more mundane corrections, like squaring away the fender and seat mounts. When you can with your naked eye, see the slants and angles on fender mounts, seat mounts, handle bar mounts, you know that bike was welded on a Monday. Or a Friday, right after lunch.

Thanks Eric for the guidance and help and offer of tearing apart your beautiful build off bike to check measurements.