1966 Bug Sprint restoration

That is by far the coolest kart I've seen in a long, long time! DadGUM!

I bet you need to grease your face to prevent windburn speed-blisters. That thing looks wicked!

I’m restoring 1966 bug kart I was wondering who did your seat and seat pan
I did. The kart owner has the template. They're done in .050 aluminum, hand bent on the sides, and finger brake bent in the rear, and polished. Upon installation, the edges are dollied over the frame, drilled and rivets set.

Holy cow! I keep looking closer at all the photos. I LOVE the gas tank! Looks like an over-grown cantina. Does it run on Tequila?
The tank is a reproduction of a five quart Chilton. They are increasingly rare, and without dings and dents, very rare. Both karts in the photo, (65 Rupp and 66 Bug) are sporting those tanks. They run about $450 each, although the guy fabricating them has ceased production.

Attachments

I did. The kart owner has the template. They're done in .050 aluminum, hand bent on the sides, and finger brake bent in the rear, and polished. Upon installation, the edges are dollied over the frame, drilled and rivets set.

The tank is a reproduction of a five quart Chilton. They are increasingly rare, and without dings and dents, very rare. Both karts in the photo, (65 Rupp and 66 Bug) are sporting those tanks. They run about $450 each, although the guy fabricating them has ceased production.
Hahah
Cleco vision!

Cleco clamps are so great for sheet metal

Note from Mark phxminiguy52:
Havasu Dave was an absolute pleasure to work with regarding my kart restoration. The most professional and able to do anything kind of man I've ever met. His fabrication abilities are second to none. The HOK Oriental Blue custom paint job he did is fabulous. The finished kart was beyond anything I ever could have hoped for. Museum Quality. The 65 Rupp Grand Prix from him is the Same quality. Amazing guy and I feel lucky to own the 2 karts.
Thank you again Dave, Mark

Seat from Catkart Racing. Pricey and needed adjustments but the made it right with me. Seat pan and floor custom made by my restoration shop.
Havasu Dave handled every bit of the restoration on my kart. When he gets done it's a masterpiece. Not to mention his contacts Used in getting Vintage parts for a 1966 kart. Priceless..Mark