Tecumseh minibike manufacturer's engine list ?

ruppking

Anyone know of a master model number list of the Tecumseh engines used by the minibike makers?
Or can anyone post what they know?
Example HS40-55415C it's a lighting coil model, long shaft, with slanted intake. Thanks

cfh

i only have a handful of motor numbers/brands. there is documentation for this, but i can't find it. i thought that info would be in Tecumseh parts manual, but if it is, i can't find it. markus i think has a list but he's seems to keep that close to his chest. all i have is this, which is from bikes i own or have seen (somewhere). i try and keep track of it, but it's hard to find bikes with original motors...

Tecumseh H50 65151h - 1969 Roadster (with lighting coil)
Tecumseh H35 45303g - 1970 Sprint, gray
Tecumseh H35 45304g - 1970 Scrambler, gray
Tecumseh HS40 55295c - 1970 Fox, gray, diaphragm carb (non-angled intake)
Tecumseh HS40 55282b - 1970 Roadster lighted version, gray, diaphragm carb (non-angled intake)
Tecumseh HS40 55330c - 1971 Black Widow, Dellorto carb, long governor arm removed.
Tecumseh HS40 55331c - 1970 Roadster lighted version, gray, diaphragm carb (non-angled intake)
Tecumseh HS40 55355c - 1971 Hustler, with angled intake. Also this engine number seen on Black Widows with Dellorto carb and long governor arm removed.
Tecumseh HS40 55356c - 1971 Roadster2 lighted version, black, with angled intake
Tecumseh HS40 55388c - 1972 Roadster lighted version (date code #1337c, #2032b, #2070c)

Here's a couple that i can *not* confirm, but i have written down....
Tecumseh HS40 55354c - 1971 Roaster2 lighted version, black, with angled intake. The 54c is a standard length bushing shafted engine????
Tecumseh HS40 55357c - 1970 Roadster lighted version with diaphrapm carb (non-angled intake). The 57c is a non lighted extended bushing shaft off an MTD????

Here is a couple I have here.
HS-40 55356C 1970 Roadster2 lighting coil
H35-45348H 1971 Scrambler Serial number 11230
H35-45344H 1971 Scrambler. It had a diaphragm carb. The serial numbers are strange (1970?) 0230/02221

I also have a 1972 Roadster2 and a 1970 Sprint but those bikes are at my other garage.

markus

Anyone know of a master model number list of the Tecumseh engines used by the minibike makers?
Or can anyone post what they know?
Example HS40-55415C it's a lighting coil model, long shaft, with slanted intake. Thanks
with the bushing supported extended shaft possibly look to Fox or MTD, do you know what the original color was? There is no official list, I've jotted ones down here and there over the years that I can verify both by brand (of bike) and engine configuration....I keep it on my desk, not close to my chest though ;)

I try to help when I can with the info people supply on here, for example there is an incompetent boob with a website that has more incorrect info on it than correct, I happily corrected his list that he had on his site when it was posted it on here recently so he could correct it....never bothered to thank me for that, never does, just corrected the info on the site like he was never wrong in the first place, anything look familiar from the List above?????

IMG_1271.JPG

ruppking

with the bushing supported extended shaft possibly look to Fox or MTD, do you know what the original color was? There is no official list, I've jotted ones down here and there over the years that I can verify both by brand (of bike) and engine configuration....I keep it on my desk, not close to my chest though ;)

I try to help when I can with the info people supply on here, for example there is an incompetent boob with a website that has more incorrect info on it than correct, I happily corrected his list that he had on his site when it was posted it on here recently so he could correct it....never bothered to thank me for that, never does, just corrected the info on the site like he was never wrong in the first place, anything look familiar from the List above?????

View attachment 247965
Engine was white. Think it may have been on a Toyoco minibike. Has slanted intake and lighting coil. Serial number 1333B

markus

Engine was white. Think it may have been on a Toyoco minibike. Has slanted intake and lighting coil. Serial number 1333B
the only reference to Toyoco in Tec lit. I have is for a universal exhaust system they and a few others were specific customers for taylor was antoher division of Tecumseh though, so that stuff was also being bought on its own. I cross referenced it in the HS40 engine parts listings, and that system only shows as actually coming from the factory on 55478E, F an G, engines (packaged with the engine) which would post date your engine as the F and G revisions were when they went to steel flywheels. that particular engine does show as being slanted application, but standard length shaft, and non lighted as well so that does not help any.

Did you ever figure this one out? That is the same model# as the engine on my 1972(?) Silver Cloud. This bike looks mysteriously like a Rupp Roadster chassis with slight difference throughout the whole bike. Round headlight instead of rectangular. Tank is different shape. Seat is different, shocks and swing arm are the same. 10" spoke wheels, drum brakes front and rear. Engine is white, 2 7/8" non bearing crank snout, slanted intake, lighted coil. Serial is 1259B.

ruppking

Did you ever figure this one out? That is the same model# as the engine on my 1972(?) Silver Cloud. This bike looks mysteriously like a Rupp Roadster chassis with slight difference throughout the whole bike. Round headlight instead of rectangular. Tank is different shape. Seat is different, shocks and swing arm are the same. 10" spoke wheels, drum brakes front and rear. Engine is white, 2 7/8" non bearing crank snout, slanted intake, lighted coil. Serial is 1259B.
Thanks for the information. The guy I got this engine from said it came from a minicycle similar to a Rupp.

Thanks for the information. The guy I got this engine from said it came from a minicycle similar to a Rupp.
Yessir. I would say with the exact same model #, and a serial # as close together as our engines are it might be a Silver Cloud like mine. Very similar to a Rupp Roadster. I sent you a message about it a few weeks ago. Cool little bike.

My 1964 Bird Wren had a 2 1/2 HP engine. Rear facing carb and filter. 3/4" straight shaft. Exhaust off left side of engine angled back 45 degrees by plumbing fitting. Too long ago for any serial numbers.
https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/...ly-photo-scrapbook.50376/page-59#post-1213992
I don't know if this how u reply to someone post or not but is this the motor u talking about , the info I got on it was its a 59 model engine , I got it with the bike in the photo that I been trying to figure out what it is , sorry if I posted this wrong I'm a new guy that loves mini bikes since he was a kid .

Attachments

markus

I don't know if this how u reply to someone post or not but is this the motor u talking about , the info I got on it was its a 59 model engine , I got it with the bike in the photo that I been trying to figure out what it is , sorry if I posted this wrong I'm a new guy that loves mini bikes since he was a kid .
That is an engine built for REO (Motor Wheel corporation at the time) it is from 1962, built later in that year.....looks like 233 day not real sure what that last digit is. It is a 3hp engine.

Bike is an Arco Cadet, they (ARCO) did sell some bikes to some companies to rebrand, When they first started making bikes, which that version was one of the first, JC penney used some bikes the made very briefly, I think firestone branded a bike as well at that time, so its possible that a parts supplier may have tried selling some as well. Later years Montgomery Wards was a pretty major seller up into them changing names to Dailex.

The seat on the bike is a from a Roper corporation made bike that Sears sold.

Tank on the bike is probably from the engine (I didnt cross reference the numbers to see the parts explosions, but REO used those alot on thier side exhaust engines) If its decent shape and not to destroyed from fitting it on the frame I might be interested in buying it if do not use it for your build.

That is an engine built for REO (Motor Wheel corporation at the time) it is from 1962, built later in that year.....looks like 233 day not real sure what that last digit is. It is a 3hp engine.

Bike is an Arco Cadet, they (ARCO) did sell some bikes to some companies to rebrand, When they first started making bikes, which that version was one of the first, JC penney used some bikes the made very briefly, I think firestone branded a bike as well at that time, so its possible that a parts supplier may have tried selling some as well. Later years Montgomery Wards was a pretty major seller up into them changing names to Dailex.

The seat on the bike is a from a Roper corporation made bike that Sears sold.

Tank on the bike is probably from the engine (I didnt cross reference the numbers to see the parts explosions, but REO used those alot on thier side exhaust engines) If its decent shape and not to destroyed from fitting it on the frame I might be interested in buying it if do not use it for your build.
Thank u for responding back to me on the bike so a arco cadet huh I been told by a few it was a arco , so glad someone can confirm that far as the motor , there was a guy on ebay awhile back that had that same motor maybe still on there we compared tags and his was the same tag but a different # somewhere at the end I belive , been awhile back , according to him which he claim to be a tecumseh guy he said they both was a 59 model 2 1/2 hp that's where I got the info at , far as the seat I guess it got changed over the years from another bike u are saying , I'm going to send some more pics of it in one pic while I'm sanding it down on the front plate I found "appco "old decal I never could see it until I sanded across it , I tried to get the motor to crank took it apart carb and side cover clean it out good but it's getting no fuel so I got it on the self and putting a predator on it for now to ride until I can get motor going or another older motor I'm a bridges flathead kind of guy from my go cart days, may like to use one of them , anyhow thanks for the post here are some more pics of it . AND YES TANK FITS perfect on motor I measured it ,Jason

Attachments

ELT

Here is a couple I have here.
HS-40 55356C 1970 Roadster2 lighting coil
H35-45348H 1971 Scrambler Serial number 11230
H35-45344H 1971 Scrambler. It had a diaphragm carb. The serial numbers are strange (1970?) 0230/02221

I also have a 1972 Roadster2 and a 1970 Sprint but those bikes are at my other garage.
I had a 71 Scrambler parts bike with the H35 engine on it that also had the diagram carburetor. The bike also had the 70 fuel tank with a short filler neck. I assumed it to be an early 71 bike that was assembled using up older parts on the assembly line floor.