Vintage Tecumseh H60

It depends on the frame your using. Some minibike frames have upper tubes which slope severely from the neck to the rear axle which limits the physical engine size.

To answer your question accurately, what minibike are you trying to fit?

Pictures are always welcome and will also help illustrate (pun intended)your inquiry.

PS If your thinking about using a 5hp keep in mind there is an hs50 which is smaller and fits

Cuda54

I put a 7hp Tecumseh in a old RUPP Roadster. I used a bottle jack to get just the little extra room I needed. But it fit and would go in and out nicely. I used the same motor on a go kart for my boys. So it got changed a lot and it was easy to do too.

It depends on the frame your using. Some minibike frames have upper tubes which slope severely from the neck to the rear axle which limits the physical engine size.

Pictures are always welcome and will also help illustrate (pun intended)your inquiry.

PS If your thinking about using a 5hp keep in mind there is an hs50 which is smaller and fits

Thank you for your response, I'm working on a 1967 Taco 22 and have 3 engine choices. Tecumseh H60, HS40, H35, kinda leaning towards the HS40 however, your input is much appreciated. I'll post picks soon.
Thank You,
James-

I put a 7hp Tecumseh in a old RUPP Roadster. I used a bottle jack to get just the little extra room I needed. But it fit and would go in and out nicely. I used the same motor on a go kart for my boys. So it got changed a lot and it was easy to do too.
That's awesome, I'm gonna try a bunch of different engines, it's so much fun to change em out. Thanks for your response, James

Thank you for your response, I'm building a 1967 Taco 22 and will post pictures soon. Wow, your mini bike looks amazing and I bet it's fast, nice job. I like the bee on the engine, very cool.

I bought my TT500 with an H60. Ran great, even had a lighting coil. I have since swapped it out for a proper rebuilt H50. I love those big blocks.

im currently putting a 7hp Tecumseh in a roadster 2.. it does fit but the pull side overlaps the foot peg abit. My biggest hurdle is the original belt clutch. Gotta tap the shaft on this motor for a clutch retainer.. I bet it’ll rip with this motor.

Attachments

im currently putting a 7hp Tecumseh in a roadster 2.. it does fit but the pull side overlaps the foot peg abit. My biggest hurdle is the original belt clutch. Gotta tap the shaft on this motor for a clutch retainer.. I bet it’ll rip with this motor.
My opinion you’d be better off with a hs motor in that one but again just my opinion....

Cuda54

The 7hp Tec I put in the spark plug and boot seemed to tight in the frame it rubbed. That is why I jacked the frame open an inch. The rope start was out on mine too. But my boys did not care they liked the wheelies and how fast it was. I do not remember where I even got that engine from. We would swap it back and forth from the Rupp and a go cart.

joshua. c.

If the engine sits to far out one side and if there's room, just shift it over until it sticks out both sides evenly and re mount it. that's my plan for the h70 I'm putting in my speedway. the end result is an evenly balanced bike. I also have to shift it forward a bit so the spark plug will clear the frame.