Tecumseh HS50 new build

markus

currently offering this engine as seen and you can option it out if wanted BUT Weather permitting (we have a hurricane possibly on its way) I want to try and get this engine painted in the next couple of days and it will get done as seen with front mount tank, non lighted in classic black and painted factory style (I use real mix and spray out of a gun urethane single stage paint). Offering like this because everytime I build an engine to sell someone always wants it setup a different way.

For now though AS SEEN in the photo's (you paint it yourself) with standard non lighted ignition $400 plus shipping. Add $100 for correct 3 plug 12v 3amp alternator system (installed and ready to run)

What it is, this a basically new build using mostly all brand new parts as it is built off an NOS SBH shortblock (but with a few changes). Shroud is NOS, recoil is rebuilt with new parts, throttle control is new, carb is new, tank is NOS, New fuel line, new Tecumseh Motorsports racing coil, etc..

Internal changes were some slight opening of the exhaust port to smooth the sharp edges out, compression release bump has been reduced to half so it still pulls pretty easy but does not loose as much compression. Upper valve spring retainers have been added to keep the spring in correct position and give a little more tension, sidecover was swapped over to typical mini bike style (this particular SBH had a top fill oil plug sidecover so it had to go!), Governor system still in place, but has been adjusted so its just out of kickback setting. Surfaces checked and corrected for straightness, Valves lapped and checked/set, everything else cleaned and gone through (gotta go through these engines, even though they are New they have been in a box sitting around god knows where for a number of years).

I have a solid 1-1.5 hours run time on it, doing some break in runs and also testing some various lighting systems that I have been collecting for the late model engines. this has been my test mule for that, but I am done with that project so this one can go now.

Internals:

as stated above lighting system seen here can be added/installed for an additional $100:

If you are in the market for an HS50 and need it configured a different way, and you can afford me :p, let me know before I lay the paint down otherwise this one will basically end up looking like this one I did in the past only with the parts you see above......and of course the price will be a lot higher with proper paint and decaling.

Do you have any other engines in the pipeline? What can I expect to pay for a completed engine with light coil?
Thanks for your time.

markus

Do you have any new builds coming up ?
Maybe an early 70-72 HS40, Sorting our tinware and a carb for it currently to figure out how it can be setup. Wanting to start on a first version HS50 as well, most short block parts are prepped and ready but I have been tied up with some other non mini bike projects and jobs that are taking up space in my little garage.