Whoopee!!!!!!!!!!!! Back Surgery

I have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 5:30 AM for back surgery. They are fusing lumbars 4 and 5 and then doing laminectomies 1,2, and 3. Although I am not looking forward to the downtime, I am hoping to be pain free. I've gotten to the point where it is difficult to walk, stand or even sit upright without waist down pain and numbness. I think I have a pretty good Doc so I am hoping for the best.

Fred

I have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 5:30 AM for back surgery. They are fusing lumbars 4 and 5 and then doing laminectomies 1,2, and 3. Although I am not looking forward to the downtime, I am hoping to be pain free. I've gotten to the point where it is difficult to walk, stand or even sit upright without waist down pain and numbness. I think I have a pretty good Doc so I am hoping for the best.

Fred
Good luck my friend! I'm facing surgery Sept. 11. Full hip replacement,also hoping for some pain relief.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.. I have similar issues with my upper spine.. C4-5 left and C-6-7 right. Eventually I’m going to have to have the fusion surgery.....god bless and hope you are
pain free when all done..

I have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 5:30 AM for back surgery. They are fusing lumbars 4 and 5 and then doing laminectomies 1,2, and 3....
I had a lumbar laminectomy in 2008. It worked like a charm. Best wishes to to you for a speedy and complete recovery.

novadose74

As long as you do your exercises, you will do well. I’m a physical therapist. Please go for Physical Therapy after the surgery. It will be a few weeks till you can do out patient PT. Tom

Good luck. I have had a nerve released and not supposed to lift more than 20 pounds for another month, real pita at first only 5 pounds... What sucks though, sitting around thinking about stuff you need to do or want to do but cant.LOL ,Mine got rid of almost 30 years of back pain, next problem something going on with my hip.lol, Sucks being old but I'm going down screaming and fighting every step.

Scrapper, going thru the same thing right now plus no BTL (Bending, Lifting, Twisting). Back pain, I believe, is going away however I now am feeling left hip pain which was masked with the overall back pain before. I still think, all in all, it will be a big improvement,

Scrapper, going thru the same thing right now plus no BTL (Bending, Lifting, Twisting). Back pain, I believe, is going away however I now am feeling left hip pain which was masked with the overall back pain before. I still think, all in all, it will be a big improvement,
Funny how you get something fixed and then the next thing starts hurting almost as bad as the fixed item. I had a stroke about 6 months ago and back pain was unbearable. That's why the surgery. Felt like one leg was shorter after and hip is crooked on one side. Been off work since the stroke going to have to hope for disablity. I can't go back to doing what I was doing for sure. Physical therapy is trying to get hip back in place. I hate not doing anything all day. I try to do all the woman's work so wife doesn't have to after work when she gets home. Sucks losing income but nothing I can do about it.