Wife doesn't understand!!!!!

Harquebus

Minibikes weren’t originally created for children. They were made small and ‘toylike’ just for the novelty and compact qualities but I guess the logical and final conclusion someone made was, “hey look, it’s like a full size motorcycle for a child” but definitely not a child’s toy in the traditional sense because of all the ‘sharp edges’.

Show her all the photos of celebrities riding minibikes from the golden era; Steve McQueen comes to mind, John Wayne, The Monkees, John Lennon, Donny Osmond, Jackson 5, that guy from Bonanza who played Hoss, etc etc.

Quote James T Kirk; “the more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play”...which basically tells her you’re a genius and you need this outlet for balance and harmony.

Minibikes weren’t originally created for children. They were made small and ‘toylike’ just for the novelty and compact qualities but I guess the logical and final conclusion someone made was, “hey look, it’s like a full size motorcycle for a child” but definitely not a child’s toy in the traditional sense because of all the ‘sharp edges’.

Show her all the photos of celebrities riding minibikes from the golden era; Steve McQueen comes to mind, John Wayne, The Monkees, John Lennon, Donny Osmond, Jackson 5, that guy from Bonanza who played Hoss, etc etc.

Quote James T Kirk; “the more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play”...which basically tells her you’re a genius and you need this outlet for balance and harmony.

[/QUOT
Amen brother!!!!

Ok guys,, I can't be the only one! My wife can't understand,and I quote,"Why a grown man would play with child's toy!"... I tell her that these are vintage machines,machines of my childhood. That working on them keeps me young,or at least young at ❤️.
Get her a larger framed bike like a Bonanza, and it was Dan Blocker. Maybe paint it a color that suits her down the road.

joshua. c.

Its easy to explain a love for mini bikes. They are cheep light weight to get easy to modify easy to transport easy to repair off road vehicles that pretty much anyone who can ride a bike can learn to ride quickly. and unlike most bigger more expensive vehicles its easy to put together a bunch and take all your friends out mini biking with you. I've taken most of my friends out ridding with me at some point. they all love it. sorry to hear you wife doesn't understand but maybe if you explain it this way she will get it.

I don't have to explain any of my hobbies to my g/f (might as well be wife, we've been together long enough). She has hers, I have mine. It's an agreement we have.

Just in case anyone was wondering, I am NOT admitting that minibikes are toys in my last sentence up there. No way.
Mini bikes 100% are toys. They serve no real purpose other than to have fun. The few people that use them for actually doing things are the rare exception.

Lets Just say it's a Past time Hobby. But if it a Problem ! I can chase women or go to the bar with my friends from work !!! Maybe there are worse thing to do with my time !!! Tell her to Think about my options !!! Mini Bikes don't seem that Bad does it !!! Iam widowed and 61 . My kids Beat the Tar out of me because i work dark to dark and to unwind i tinker with minis. Lol. I tell them it's Good Therapy. I have not heard back from them in a while. No response. Lol

Lets Just say it's a Past time Hobby. But if it a Problem ! I can chase women or go to the bar with my friends from work !!! Maybe there are worse thing to do with my time !!! Tell her to Think about my options !!! Mini Bikes don't seem that Bad does it !!! Iam widowed and 61 . My kids Beat the Tar out of me because i work dark to dark and to unwind i tinker with minis. Lol. I tell them it's Good Therapy. I have not heard back from them in a while. No response. Lol
PS. That's dark to dark 365 days a year. Lol

Harquebus

Mini bikes 100% are toys. They serve no real purpose other than to have fun. The few people that use them for actually doing things are the rare exception.
I think I was just going off what the OP's wife said, "Why a grown man would play with child's toy!"
But I should reiterate that it's a man's toy. Always was. It's not like this: :oops: