Best little mod ever!

This little drain extension is the best thing ever. It comes stock on the Coleman CT200U. As far as I'm concerned it's a must have to make less of a mess when draining oil. I know this will work on 196cc clones and 212 Predator engines.

http://shopping.na3.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.3546502/sc.27/category.123893/ctype.SS/SS.123893/.f

You need parts 1,2 (qty 2) and 3. Your stock drain plug and washer will work with it, so it's not necessary to buy those.

DaddyJohn

Nice
I have something similar on my Tecumseh but it is just a pipe nipple and pipe cap.
That is a nice piece.
Makes it so much easier to change oil
That 1/8" NPT nipple and cap set-up came on some Tecs I've robbed off snow blowers. Cheap parts that you can get at the local hardware store...
You could certainly do that to other engines/brands but the sump plug needs to be already threaded (or modified/tapped) for 1/8" NPT pipe thread.

That 1/8" NPT nipple and cap set-up came on some Tecs I've robbed off snow blowers. Cheap parts that you can get at the local hardware store...
You could certainly do that to other engines/brands but the sump plug needs to be already threaded (or modified/tapped) for 1/8" NPT pipe thread.
]

Correct.
that is why i said it was a nice piece.
already set up for those threads

DaddyJohn

Of course it wouldn’t fit a Tec it’s not pipe thread
But there might (or maybe not) be enough material in a Honda/Clone to tap it out to 1/8" NPT pipe thread if you wanted to locally source your drain extension.

For me, I just let the oil run all over everything for added corrosion protection, lol...

Brass pipe and fittings run that small and are available in several thread sizes and types.
I’ve built a few with teflon tape plumbing sealer. We keep the sealer away from the first several threads so no bits end up getting mixed-in with the engine oil. We limited the total length to 2-3”.
Good thread here. We change oil a lot.

I like the dope better than the tape, and in some situations have found that the brass nipples are not as robust as the steel nipples.
Imho, ymmv, etc