Sportsman manufacturing co. Denver Colorado model ????

That bike looks like a Bearkat Twister.. very nice! Looks like it has some sort of 2 speed set up.. but the little sprocket could have been added as some sort of Spacer at one time... its possible they built different models, using the same frame...

Last edited:
Thank you sport king Eric. I have spent many a long hours looking for that info on the internet with no luck. I thought extra sprocket may be for a track set up I read somewhere other models of theres had as a option but not sure. Just got to say this site is the greatest....

And thank you Robertc for helping out. I think it was worth all of the months of begging and 200 dollars to get my hands on it. Going to start restoring it this weekend.

I thought I would add a couple pictures. As far as I can tell the bear cat twister was made in Arizona. But it does look a lot like it maybe these pics will help in ID of this mini. Thank you all for your time and help so excited to make this mini live again. IMG_20200105_120154363.jpg IMG_20200105_115935574.jpg IMG_20200105_120107869.jpg IMG_20200105_115946673.jpg

Thank you Richard that very well could be. You guys are the experts for sure I am just a novice in the mini bike world. But the whole thing looks pretty factory original right down to the lighting wiring ran in the frame tubes.

Hi guys so after some CSI investigation I found the twister sticker under the paint and other sticker. Thank you so much for your help mistery SOLVED. You guys really now your Mini's.

Hi Eric,

Respectable job on the gray Twister!

I am restoring a couple of mine currently as well as trying to piec together a fat tire version with a Honda 185 front end... I noticed your new rear fender on the gray one - can you share where you got that? It looks exactly original.

thanks Chris
The rear fender on this bike is the original.. Just sandblasted and painted.. However, I have used simple trailer fenders and cut them to size on a couple of tote gotes.. Easy to find and pretty cheap just go to a reputable utility trailer dealer.. and cut it as needed..

That is really cool. Take a straight edge and see how far away the smaller gear is from the center of the drive gear?

It does not look as if it was ever used? A change over to a different gear ratio would not be hard to do.