Rupp Model ID help.

mdm1

Hi I am new to this forum. I have what I believe is a 1971 Rupp. If someone would be kind enough to tell me the model that would help. Also I need to know the specific engine model number. I believe it to be a HS40 but I need more specific info than just a general model #. I have to get some engine parts. This is also a replacement engine. For the life of me I cannot find any numbers on the engine. Quick history. This was a bike my son road years ago and has been in a barn for along time. I told his daughters (my granddaughters) I would get it up and going so they could ride it. Any help is much appreciated. 20200107_082939.jpg

It is probably a 1972 and up due to the style of the rear sprocket. They only offered a Roadster 2 in 1972 and up with the 12" wheels. Do you have a shot of the recoil side? That can tell younif it's a 1972 or 1973-75. Also does the engine have a plug in the front for lights?

Also there could possibly be a sticker still underneath the seat pan. If it's still there, it would indicate 1972. 1973 and up would have a serial number stamped in the side of the seat pan on the torque converter side between the 3 and 4 ( left to right) seat pan snaps.

mdm1

Thank you for your replies. P1010017.jpg Here is a pic of the recoil side. The bike is partially dismantled. I checked under the seat and found no tag and nothing stamped on the seat frame. I really don't remember this bike ever having lights but I did buy it used. The motor has no plug for lights but this is replacement motor.