Ruttman....Not??

My buddy picked this up recently, at first we thought it was a Ruttman but I think it's just a copy? Maybe a late Lil Indian:confused:The front where the down tubes meet the neck is what threw me off... It looks like there was a disc brake mount at one time?

He no longer makes minis--tried to sell the business but eventually closed. His bikes were similar to Little Indian in size but also had some Ruttman design. All had steel wheels and the postage stamp seat.I see them for sale up here every so often.

Looks like a" Sprockets" mini bike made here in Canada north of Toronto. He ran his tubes past the neck like that and that is where they broke.

Never heard of a "Sprockets", but that sure looks like the same bike, I'm guessing that bracket was for a chain guard:shrug:

Never heard of a "Sprockets", but that sure looks like the same bike, I'm guessing that bracket was for a chain guard:shrug:
These were made in Moonstone Ontario Canada from about 1999-2006. I have had the pleasure of owning 2 of them and the are great minibikes.
I currently own serial no#572 and my last one was no#742. I believe he made around 900 or so and I remember seeing a full suspension model too.

I have a Sprocket mini....looks like it with frame extending past welds./...Mine does have Sprocket cut into frame plate by bars....
Made by a guy in Wasaga Beach...company defunct.

LW

Sprocket86

I believe during the last run of frames and forks he made, he never bothered to send out the upper plate to have the laser cut "Sprocket" Logo.

I have looked at many of these on my local classified ads and that higher numerical serial NO# (around the 900+) don't have the logo cut out of the top fork plate.

IMO I love these mini's and Iv'e put them to the test!

Oldyellow

Hi guys. Ya. Hmm. The Sprocket mini. Built in Moonstone Ontario by a Mr. Lloyd Tremblay. His first 20 of 1000 bikes carried no serial number. After the first 20 the frames were numbered and powder coated. I just spent several hours with Lloyd buying some leftover inventory and discussing business potential. His tooling and equipment is for sale. The molds for the fibreglass fenders and chain guards are no longer available. These are great bikes and his welds were very well done. I remember seeing these bikes for sale at a major automotive flea market in the 90’s. Impressed me then and still today. I’m fortunate to have one of the first 20 and a survivor number 800 with its fibreglass fenders and chainguard.

Attachments

Hi guys. Ya. Hmm. The Sprocket mini. Built in Moonstone Ontario by a Mr. Lloyd Tremblay. His first 20 of 1000 bikes carried no serial number. After the first 20 the frames were numbered and powder coated. I just spent several hours with Lloyd buying some leftover inventory and discussing business potential. His tooling and equipment is for sale. The molds for the fibreglass fenders and chain guards are no longer available. These are great bikes and his welds were very well done. I remember seeing these bikes for sale at a major automotive flea market in the 90’s. Impressed me then and still today. I’m fortunate to have one of the first 20 and a survivor number 800 with its fibreglass fenders and chainguard.
As I understand, a one man shop as well.
Nice bike

Oldyellow

Yup. His daughter would go out to his shop and help him sometimes. Business came to an end after an accident and lawsuit in the go kart industry caused a failure in the market. I’ll be back to see Lloyd in the spring for some more parts and stories