First Taco 1966, #001

Addicted 2 Minis

Where did he ever find that bike? Just curious.
I was talking to him awhile back about it but I don't recall him saying where he got it. It just sold for $428, kind of a bummer, I would have thought it would bring more $$$ but it seems like the crazy mini bike prices are dwindling. I did buy an old rusty Ruttman washer frame from him, I think it's too far gone to ride/repair as the steering tube is rusted through. I figure I'll re-purpose it into an end table or something cool for the man cave.

Addicted 2 Minis

Odd that there Is no paint in the stamp. Like it was stamped after it was painted. Just saying....
As odd as it may seem about the serial#, I believe him, he's a great guy to deal with and went way out of his way for me. He has some real vintage stuff that he has sold over the last few months at reasonable prices. The only thing that struck me odd was he didn't know what a lot of it was before listing it, kind of like he inherited it all but when I spoke with him, he seemed to know a lot about the hobby?.

sonerenos

this bike was found in Arizona, then i bought it and had it shipped to California. After accumulating way too many bikes t have the want to restore i decided to sell some of them off, this being one of them.

definitely a first year 001 taco 66 with the correct AH47 engine to boot.

a lot of coin for a minibike in my opinion

As odd as it may seem about the serial#, I believe him, he's a great guy to deal with and went way out of his way for me. He has some real vintage stuff that he has sold over the last few months at reasonable prices. The only thing that struck me odd was he didn't know what a lot of it was before listing it, kind of like he inherited it all but when I spoke with him, he seemed to know a lot about the hobby?.
He purchased a mini bike lot from Justin E a few months back. Very nice guy. Him and his brother attended our last show of 2019 in November.

this bike was found in Arizona, then i bought it and had it shipped to California. After accumulating way too many bikes t have the want to restore i decided to sell some of them off, this being one of them.

definitely a first year 001 taco 66 with the correct AH47 engine to boot.

a lot of coin for a minibike in my opinion
From what I understand he lost a lot on this sale, correct? He paid quite a bit more than $428 from you? I guess he didn't put a reserve on it. :confused:

sonerenos

From what I understand he lost a lot on this sale, correct? He paid quite a bit more than $428 from you? I guess he didn't put a reserve on it. :confused:
as we all know, you most likely don't recoup a profit on reselling in this hobby. unfortunately he didn't put a reserve and did loose on this sale. i was referring to a lot of coin when the listing of this bike was for $3,000.00, it was complete then though. hopefully he does well with the rest of his sales.

he bought a lot of my bikes. most of them were what i considered gems, others may not though.