Vintage 1971 arctic cat

1971 Arctic Cat

• yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hold your cell phone side ways when taking a picture. Not up and down. I don't know why it does that but I finally figured it out. lol. Good luck on your build.

Ding Ding

I have an HS50 on one of my Arctic bikes. It is probably one of the funnest bikes to ride that I have. Lots of torque!

Trying to mount the engine ,had to remove the cross member to clear intake,the foot brake pedal was just in the way so I removed it.installed my engine mounted jack shaft was planing on leaving rear sprocket and gear up jack shaft got it lined up to mark engine mounting holes and realized the chain guard will hit the jack shaft sprocket,So now I will mount a 72 tooth sprocket and run direct to the clutch.will see how much chain tension changes with swing arm movement[
View attachment 255045

before drilling the mounting holes in the sprocket I lined up the lightning hole with the valve stem,right now the its on the right side being between the drum and wheel its difficult to get at,so when I do the wheel I will reverse the valve stem. The brake anchor slides on the inside of the swing arm and has a dowel that goes into the backing plate,Drilled engine mounting holes installed chain, found too much chain tension changes when moving swing arm through there travel going to install a idler

Attachments

using some scrap metal for the exhaust,to make the dog leg used the cart handle size is right for the hs50 exhaust used the lower bends one for the up sweep the other for the down,I dont know what the gray pipe is for but its going to be the tail pipe cut it for the slant,arctic cat has a pipe mount under the seat with slots for hose clamp and going to use it to support pipe

Attachments

stripped the tank uncovered lots of filler and repairs ,removed old filler and replaced will prime on monday and try to paint it next week

Attachments

primed my tank light coat of etching primer.couple of coats of lacquer primer spot putty on pin holes and grind marks and a couple of heavy coats of primer.I like the lacquer primer it dries fast and sands easy.I leave it in the gun until build is complete and pour the remainder back in the container.picked up my paint today its base clear will paint the tank this week

Attachments