What do you regret selling?

The first minibike I ever built, a small frame Lil Indian Springer minibike with 4hp Tecumseh. Like most of the minibikes I love, it was too small for me or my son to ride comfortably, but stylistically it is one of the coolest looking minibikes ever. I like the way the Tecumseh fills the frame, the TAV...great little bike!:crying: Some consolation, it went to the perfect home, small riders, lotsa space. Happy happy! Joy joy!:scooter:

Let me just say .Everyone has some Terrific Stories and Everyone Highly Anticipated !!! I must say my Latest Hobby of Mini Bikes the last Seven year's has been Memorable !!! For Sure. But i will say one thing alot of bikes i have Bought have been like stealing thier pet dog. Lol !! Alot of them would Love to Buy them Back !!! As you can see Most people including my Self will not let of their Bikes ...Especially Survivor's....So Rule of Thumb !!! Don't Touch Them unless someone has already and Don't sell them because you will wish you Hadn't. Third. (Try to Find Another ?) I kicked my self once and i will not kick myself Ever Again.

Let me just say .Everyone has some Terrific Stories and Everyone Highly Anticipated !!! I must say my Latest Hobby of Mini Bikes the last Seven year's has been Memorable !!! For Sure. But i will say one thing alot of bikes i have Bought have been like stealing thier pet dog. Lol !! Alot of them would Love to Buy them Back !!! As you can see Most people including my Self will not let Go of their Bikes ...Especially Survivor's....So Rule of Thumb !!! Don't Touch Them unless someone has already and Don't sell them because you will wish you Hadn't. Third. (Try to Find Another ?) I kicked my self once and i will not kick myself Ever Again.

PatrickCraik

Bought a '70 Vette coupe back in '79. It was black/black (repaint, green originally) 350/300/4 speed. It had the '69 only sidepipes and a 454/LT-1 hood installed by the last guy. Not the fastest but fun. My friend and I drove it from Detroit to Va Beach summer of '82. What a blast! although we were nearly deaf afterward,lol. It needed lots so I parked it for a year then sold it. I still miss it. I sold my 1st new mini, a Ruttman Toad,I bought new in '73-'74? to a friend. Wish I had kept it. I've had short term sellers remorse over other things but these 2 things stay with me

Last edited:

PatrickCraik

Oh yeah, Bought a '70 CT 70 K0 @ a local garage sale back in '07. Original owner with "A" title issued to them @ their old residence in Detroit city. It needed a carb. after a couple of years and my Son wanted a CRF 80 so away it went. Wish I had kept it

I74

70' Honda trail 70.
Rode that when it was pretty much new when I visited relatives.
My dad acquired it in the 80's, & passed it along to me in the early 90's.
Had to sell it in 95 - 96' to pay a bill.
Basically gave it away. :confused:

Three weeks ago I sold my 2007 Ducati GT1000 motorcycle. I bought this one brand new. I enjoyed it for while but hadn't ridden it in 18 months. I moved it along in order to gain some floor space and generate some $$ to finish my stalled MGA car project. I do not sell a lot of vehicles. When one arrives here it sticks around for awhile. The last motorcycle that I sold was the 1985 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk that the Ducati replaced. I don't regret selling the Honda. It was a good bike and served me well, but it's time to leave had clearly arrived. Will I regret selling the Ducati? Time will tell. Sometimes it takes awhile for me to realize that I've made a mistake. At least I'm taking better pictures of my rigs now, so I can continue to enjoy them after they've gone.

PatrickCraik

Three weeks ago I sold my 2007 Ducati GT1000 motorcycle. I bought this one brand new. I enjoyed it for while but hadn't ridden it in 18 months. I moved it along in order to gain some floor space and generate some $$ to finish my stalled MGA car project. I do not sell a lot of vehicles. When one arrives here it sticks around for awhile. The last motorcycle that I sold was the 1985 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk that the Ducati replaced. I don't regret selling the Honda. It was a good bike and served me well, but it's time to leave had clearly arrived. Will I regret selling the Ducati? Time will tell. Sometimes it takes awhile for me to realize that I've made a mistake. At least I'm taking better pictures of my rigs now, so I can continue to enjoy them after they've gone.

I test rode one of those when new,the most uncomfortable thing I've ever ridden. I needed 5' arms and 2' legs,lol. I was told by an Italian bike guy @ work I just dont "get" Dukes. No doubt

I test rode one of those when new,the most uncomfortable thing I've ever ridden. I needed 5' arms and 2' legs,lol. I was told by an Italian bike guy @ work I just dont "get" Dukes. No doubt
What I liked bout this bike is that it was very comfortable. Many Ducatis have low clip-on handlebars and rearset footpegs, like roadracer. I've had enough bikes like that and did not want another. This one has a more standard/sporting riding position with taller bars and lower footpegs that are great for sporty touring. I could ride it all day. When I saw that Ducati was going to produce this model I put down a deposit 18 months before they were actually available. On the flipside, I don't get he Harley/cruiser thing at all. Big buckhorn handlebars and footpegs way out in front of you do nothing for me. I'm a dirtbiker first and always and I like an English saddle riding position, with the footpegs directly beneath me so I can raise my butt off the seat when I hit a bump or go over a railroad crossing and I can shift my weight on the pegs for better control in fast cornering.

PatrickCraik

What I liked bout this bike is that it was very comfortable. Many Ducatis have low clip-on handlebars and rearset footpegs, like roadracer. I've had enough bikes like that and did not want another. This one has a more standard/sporting riding position with taller bars and lower footpegs that are great for sporty touring. I could ride it all day. When I saw that Ducati was going to produce this model I put down a deposit 18 months before they were actually available. On the flipside, I don't get he Harley/cruiser thing at all. Big buckhorn handlebars and footpegs way out in front of you do nothing for me. I'm a dirtbiker first and always and I like an English saddle riding position, with the footpegs directly beneath me so I can raise my butt off the seat when I hit a bump or go over a railroad crossing and I can shift my weight on the pegs for better control in fast cornering.
I like the pegs beneath me as well,had 1 big twin Harley in the early 80's. took it on a 1000 round trip,hated it.

Sold my Mercedes E63 AMG last week. That car was amazing, but I needed to free up some cash for other stuff. Already regret selling it a bit.

The new owner is very happy with it though. Really nice guy and a super easy deal, zero BS. He drove the fuck out of it on the test drive, we got back to my house and he said he'd take it. He drove up from Los Angeles to get it (I'm in the SF Bay Area, solid 6 hour drive away).