Vintage 1971 arctic cat

1971 Arctic Cat

• yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
working on chrome ,started with fenders had to raise notch ,paint stripper ,rust remover,started to polish too badly pitted on both side,there just too deep going too look for fenders if I cant find the right dimension and radius I will be painting them

Attachments

Ding Ding

working on chrome ,started with fenders had to raise notch ,paint stripper ,rust remover,started to polish too badly pitted on both side,there just too deep going too look for fenders if I cant find the right dimension and radius I will be painting them
The fenders available that are sold as being for 6" wheel Arctic Cat bikes are actually fenders that are used on 10" wheel Coleman/Attex bikes, however, you can hand form the radius in to them to get them to be very close to the original shape of fenders used on Arctic Cat bikes. I have done this with several sets of them and had good results.

The fenders available that are sold as being for 6" wheel Arctic Cat bikes are actually fenders that are used on 10" wheel Coleman/Attex bikes, however, you can hand form the radius in to them to get them to be very close to the original shape of fenders used on Arctic Cat bikes. I have done this with several sets of them and had good results.
picked up fenders yesterday fronts a match,the rear like you said need to be tweaked,played with it a bit and it looks good will wait till I raise the notch and its a roller and readjust, went easier then I thought.Cleaned up my fork lowers an springs polished them up getting ready to chrome

Attachments

Had to put heat to separate lower steel tube from aluminum body,has plastic sleeve for main shaft used small welding tip heated a small area and dunked in water did this six times with both and they came apart and plastic sleeve ok.Used a caulking gun to compress spring. polished up eyes main body the lower tubes had been chromed. I had put some gouges in them when trying to separate had them clamped in vise and they rotated working on polishing them up for chrome

Attachments