Just picked this up

colt 1911

I have a thought- he shoots/he scores- I have no idea what it is- looks like a arco gas tank- you will need some insight from the members because I don't believe I have ever seen a chain run that long

markus

its a KG engineering out of holliston, MA I don't have the brochure shot of that model onhand. they had a version of it with a Hodaka on it as well that was a model 500 IIRC

its a KG engineering out of holliston, MA I don't have the brochure shot of that model onhand. they had a version of it with a Hodaka on it as well that was a model 500 IIRC
it’s a pretty neat mini, has a Briggs 5hp on it now, was looking for a yard rider as my Rupp is a bit more of a race mini. Chain will definitely be quite long so we’ll see

nice score for 60, good for you.
cant complain, needs a few things. Just glad it has a flathead! From what I’ve found after disassembly is that it has a high lift cam, it’s a koolbore 5hp with an 030 piston. Very clean cylinder with nice hatchmarking with the exception of one light score. Brand new centrifugal. Haven’t heard it run yet as I need a few things but for a yard rider it should do the job.

markus

it’s a pretty neat mini, has a Briggs 5hp on it now, was looking for a yard rider as my Rupp is a bit more of a race mini. Chain will definitely be quite long so we’ll see
I looked some more, I know I had a shot of one of those, but I lost a lot of photos/images unfortunately. I have what I think is the other side of the 3 fold brochure you could maybe find it in. this may show up small ( I tried to blow it up) showing the small wheeled 250 TC model, and to the left it states the 450 TC model (what I assume yours is). Note the fork design, tank, fenders, etc..

31051c (2).jpg

Here is the Model 500 with the Hodaka on it out of one of my Mini Bike Guide magazines, They made a really cool one called an MXH with a mono tank/seat/rear fender design too. The 500 look sto have had fancier ceriani type forks on it but was still very much like yours.

IMG_1936.JPG

I would get a bolt on TC system for it, since your remote tank you briggs has room for it. that would get you chin run down and more appropriate to the suspension pivot point. Looks like if you reconfigured the exhaust you could get your engine farther back n the frame as well.

Good luck with it, hopefully someone has the other side of that brochure saved in their files and can load it up for you.

Wow that’s awesome! Cool find indeed, just fired it up, sounds healthy, exhaust is a little messy, could use an RLV. Also I agree on the TC, a cheap 30 series will get my chain height in the right place. The comet centrifugal only leaves the chain about a quarter inch over the swing arm pivot and is extremely long at that with the engine all the way in the rear. I did use some rubber grommets to bring the engine a half inch higher. Helps but not perfect. Overall for the $75 total spent I am very happy! E35DC013-BC96-4E8E-AA06-2E2F0F5C6F35.jpeg

Very nice find. My father and the owner of KG were best friends, so my brother and I each saved $50 when we were 5 years old (late 60s), and my father provided matching funds for Model 200s... we had years of fun on those machines. My father had a Model 500, which I still have. I'm very interested in any KG mini bike that comes up for sale.