Good beginner frame idea?

So what’s a good frame for a first time project? Factors being common availability, ease of parts compatibility, etc.

I’ve built bicycles from scratch but this is going to be a first. I’m looking basic build vs tricked out.

Thanks

45t

Newer Baja mini bikes are common to pick up used or as a project on c’list, Facebook marketplace, etc. they are relatively affordable and parts are available. I’ve see a lot of custom builds with them.

im partial to vintage builds, but the bikes can be costly to buy and even more costly to find parts. Regardless, Part of the enjoyment of a build is the search. Whatever you decide on, the ultimate reward is the experience.

DaddyJohn

Newer Baja mini bikes are common to pick up used or as a project on c’list, Facebook marketplace, etc. they are relatively affordable and parts are available. I’ve see a lot of custom builds with them.

I'm partial to vintage builds, but the bikes can be costly to buy and even more costly to find parts. Regardless, Part of the enjoyment of a build is the search. Whatever you decide on, the ultimate reward is the experience.
Totally agree here. I really like the 1st gen Baja DB30 Doodlebugs (a.k.a. Coleman CT100U), as they're cheap (I've done as little as $50), have a vintage look, and you can basically do anything you want to them without worry in terms of ruining the originality. My favorite thing to do is put Tecumseh flatheads on them, lol...