Stellar Mini Bike?

Ok so I just bought a Stellar mini with a 5hp tecumseh. It has 4inch wheels and it’s a small bike. The frame is a 2 tone color of green on top and blue on bottom because these frames come apart into 2 pieces. On the fork plate it says “Compact” I’ve never heard of a stellar compact and I just wanted to see if anyone can provide me with more information about what I just bought. Thank you DE8575A6-734E-4D38-9145-F2DF00125CAB.jpeg DE8575A6-734E-4D38-9145-F2DF00125CAB.jpeg B7B33308-EAAB-4154-8353-DD248E45A7C2.jpeg

Administrator
Stellar bikes were made in Long Island and tend to be found close to home.

You can see a cut for your "Compact" model on this old ad sheet ....

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/inde...-promo-sheets-factory-info.102504/post-886489

I know they’re from L.I. And Joplin Missouri. I used to have another stellar that had the same 2 piece frame and 4inch wheels but I sold it a while back I just bought this one yesterday and wanted to see what all the experts can tell me about it. I’ve never seen another Stellr like mine online and I can’t find anything about the Compact model that I have

Administrator
I know they’re from L.I. And Joplin Missouri. I used to have another stellar that had the same 2 piece frame and 4inch wheels but I sold it a while back I just bought this one yesterday and wanted to see what all the experts can tell me about it. I’ve never seen another Stellr like mine online and I can’t find anything about the Compact model that I have
Never heard about them being built in Missouri. Did you click on the link I posted to see the picture ?

Stellar_9 close_.jpg

Came with 3 HP, Hand operated dis brake, front suspension, Sissy Bar (yours is missing), chopper style front forks, knobby 2-ply tires,12" rear tire, folding kick stand, offered in black or red...$159.95 What else do you want to know ?

Never heard about them being built in Missouri. Did you click on the link I posted to see the picture ?

View attachment 261824

Came with 3 HP, Hand operated dis brake, front suspension, Sissy Bar (yours is missing), chopper style front forks, knobby 2-ply tires,12" rear tire, folding kick stand, offered in black or red...$159.95 What else do you want to know ?
Oh wow that’s neat, thanks for the info. Yes stellar we’re also made in Joplin Missouri. The one I used to own had it stamped on the fork plate. The ad says it was black and red, this is weird because mines green and blue and the paint looks original with the green fork plate and lettering. Now I just need to find a sissy bar for sale

Oh wow that’s neat, thanks for the info. Yes stellar we’re also made in Joplin Missouri. The one I used to own had it stamped on the fork plate. The ad says it was black and red, this is weird because mines green and blue and the paint looks original with the green fork plate and lettering. Now I just need to find a sissy bar for sale
The Compact you have did not come with a sissy bar. That was the L300 model that had a 4" front wheel and a 6" rear wheel.
Compacts were black and red/ or blue and green. I will look up exact model you have and post in a few.
We own 7 different model Stellar bikes. You can email me direct if you have any questions.
The clutch guard on your bike is a hard to find part.
choppercarm@gmail.com
Regards,
Greg D
#FYB

Your model is just the Compact. The sissy bar model was the Compact Deluxe. #FYB

Last edited:
Looks pretty original and you also have the clutch guard no?
Ok so I just bought a Stellar mini with a 5hp tecumseh. It has 4inch wheels and it’s a small bike. The frame is a 2 tone color of green on top and blue on bottom because these frames come apart into 2 pieces. On the fork plate it says “Compact” I’ve never heard of a stellar compact and I just wanted to see if anyone can provide me with more information about what I just bought. Thank you View attachment 261786 View attachment 261786 View attachment 261787
Very nice. Looks pretty original. Yes they came two tone like that. You have the clutch guard too.