Here's a goodun! Name it and tell me why I bought it.

Because that is about the neatest looking angle iron or square frame tubing mini bike that I've ever seen.

And to learn that it was a manufactured mini bike up's the cool factor.

Not to mention those sprockets and their covers.

It also has 2347 stamped into the frame. What caught my eye was the engine. It's a Red Seal Continental and I have been looking for one for a SuperFlea I got from BayAreaBurrito. I thought the bike was homemade and I wouldn't be committing sacrilege by stealing the motor. Now I don't know. Markus I did not see any info on our site.

There was an article about them in an issue of Ford Times. The basic Model 1120 Continental was rated at 4.25, hp. Continental supplied a modified version for Simplex and Hawk that was rated 6 hp, and then 7 hp in 1964 and 65. Hawk Tool sold a package of a Continental engine with their Maximatic drive to a number of manufacturers. Hawk said the modified version was made to their specifications and had the rectangular throat intake manifold and a long dwell cam, both of which were popular quarter midget mods.

Attachments

Last edited:
Just stumbled on this post, Hahahahaha, while it is cool, I find the ad to be hilarious. Nearly 2 years in development, more like 2 weeks designing it, 2 days rounding all the corners on the grinder, the other 1 year 49 weeks and 5 days were figuring out how to keep it together. 105Lbs.?, GEEZ!, I thought it was made out of aluminum!, I guess all the steel nuts and bolts probably account for half the weight. It is a cool find and I hope it stays as original as possible and I'm glad you shared it although on the mini bike scale of evolution, it seems to have gone backwards not forward.