What mini bike can I buy new right now?

Sooner79

I just Googled it, & the address is ''supposedly'',, ''6356 Rendon Bloodworth Rd''. Phone : 817-516-5168
Thanks for your research and help, but this address and phone number are for “Big R Lawn & Construction” in Ft. Worth, LOL. It looks like the only BIg R store in Texas is the one in Dumas.

It‘s really both disturbing and depressing that the only mass producers of affordable mini bikes sold in the US are in China and the “Wuhan Flu” has apparently brought the manufacturing and exporting of them to a screeching halt.
BTW, I even checked into ordering a Taco 22 kit and even they too are unavailable. Are some of their parts sourced from China?

It appears my only options are to locate an in stock mini, purchase It over the phone and make a lengthy and expensive road trip to pick it up, or to sit back and hope that the virus doesn’t have a second wave and imports will start up later in the year. My problem is that I’m not not a patient person, and I’m not getting any younger!

You should call Go Power Sports tomorrow and see what new bikes they have for sale. They always have a couple of new bikes in their store with price tags on them. Definitely worth a shot...

I74

Added,,
Just checked out the Dallas Craigslist, & it looks like at least a couple of offerings on there..
One looks like a brand new Coleman CT200U-EX, w/ suspension ect., it's in camo though.
It's in Grand Prairie, & even comes w/ original box ect.

Another one I saw,, was a nice green looking DB type w/ a clone motor.

The Coleman, could always repaint ect,, to make it your own,,, if you didn't like the camo..

Cash talks you know,, plus no tax.;)

Last edited:
It‘s really both disturbing and depressing that the only mass producers of affordable mini bikes sold in the US are in China and the “Wuhan Flu” has apparently brought the manufacturing and exporting of them to a screeching halt.
BTW, I even checked into ordering a Taco 22 kit and even they too are unavailable. Are some of their parts sourced from China?
Another big problem with the shutdown and people being home is that they're buying up all the minibike stuff. My buddy was talking to a guy at BMI Karts and he said they've been seeing 3x-5x the amount of orders coming in as usual.

Sooner79

I called Coleman Powersports in Tempe, AZ today and they advised that their warehouse in California was fully stocked with all of their models, however they (contrary to what their website leads you to believe) are strictly wholesale. I asked for them to recommend a dealer in Texas for my first choice model (CT200U-EXR) and they said Sams Club was the only dealer they showed for it in Texas (they show it to be out of stock) and suggested that I call them and ask a manager to order one for me. So I called and actually spoke to the manager who said they only carry them during the holidays. I found a Camo colored one at Tractor Supply but I just can’t handle that color and don’t want to have to paint or powder coat it. I like working on the engines but otherwise keeping them stock.

SAS289

I called Coleman Powersports in Tempe, AZ today and they advised that their warehouse in California was fully stocked with all of their models, however they (contrary to what their website leads you to believe) are strictly wholesale. I asked for them to recommend a dealer in Texas for my first choice model (CT200U-EXR) and they said Sams Club was the only dealer they showed for it in Texas (they show it to be out of stock) and suggested that I call them and ask a manager to order one for me. So I called and actually spoke to the manager who said they only carry them during the holidays. I found a Camo colored one at Tractor Supply but I just can’t handle that color and don’t want to have to paint or powder coat it. I like working on the engines but otherwise keeping them stock.
Makes me wonder if the guy at Sams just didn't want to deal with your request. Last year I looked a Coleman 200 on display in our local Sams and I don't think it was around the holidays. Maybe I'm wrong. It was a red bike with no racks. I remember having a closer look because they had some odd looking emission device built onto the muffler. The price was 4 something.

Sooner79

Makes me wonder if the guy at Sams just didn't want to deal with your request. Last year I looked a Coleman 200 on display in our local Sams and I don't think it was around the holidays. Maybe I'm wrong. It was a red bike with no racks. I remember having a closer look because they had some odd looking emission device built onto the muffler. The price was 4 something.
He probably didn’t. They cater to the masses and I’m sure he‘s more concerned about putting out pallets of paper towels and toilet paper than to help some guy find a minibike. It’s unbelievable that I live in the 4th largest metropolitan area in the US (over 7.5 million people) and there is not a single new Coleman minibike (non-camo) for sale here. And its even more unbelievable that there’s apparently a warehouse full of them in California and I can’t find an online dealer to ship me one.

I can’t handle camo.
So you want a new bike. The only one readily available is in a color you don't like. The one you want that is available is too far away to make it worth getting. You like tinkering but don't want to mess around with changing the color. People have given you the available options and you just shit on all of them.

You're one picky dude when it comes to this stuff. It's like the whole good/cheap/fast scenario. You don't get all 3.

Sooner79

So you want a new bike. The only one readily available is in a color you don't like. The one you want that is available is too far away to make it worth getting. You like tinkering but don't want to mess around with changing the color. People have given you the available options and you just shit on all of them.

You're one picky dude when it comes to this stuff. It's like the whole good/cheap/fast scenario. You don't get all 3.
Do you feel better now that you got that off of your chest? You might want to try taking a 10 year break like I did and maybe you won’t be so cranky when you return. And yes, I’m picky but I tend to eventually get what I’m after. ;)

I just found a right side view of that BT200x and it has chain drive from a jackshaft to the engine...no T/C. I WAS impressed with the new model until I saw that. Those ComChi's butchered that bike big time! IMHO

SAS289

I just found a right side view of that BT200x and it has chain drive from a jackshaft to the engine...no T/C. I WAS impressed with the new model until I saw that. Those ComChi's butchered that bike big time! IMHO
Wait...So you liked the BT but didn't like the jackshaft that they have been using for years? I think the BT is the best looking of all the Colemans.