Any Bicycle Enthusiasts?

Sears Spaceliner - Best I can tell, it's a 1966. The date code on the original tires was the last quarter of 1966. Those tires are on it now (and in the pic). I replaced the original tubes to make it a little more roadworthy for occasional short rides. The other bike was my grandfather's, that he bought new. I don't remember what brand he said it was or what year. I've been told it was made by Huffman and from what I can tell, it is about a 1941. Not long after my grandfather bought it, he rode it from our farm in South Georgia to Okeechobee Florida - about 360 miles.

Attachments

I74

I restored my late Mums vintage Raleigh ''swan frame'' Sturmey Archer 3 speed ''Tourist'' around 8 years ago before she passed.

She was originally from England, & was absolutely thrilled when I presented to her after restoring it.

Ended up donating it to the Deke Slayton Bicycle museum in Sparta WI.
It's on display there, with a memorial plaque in front of it,, & ''last I checked'',,, is still the only vintage Raleigh in the whole Museum.
Also has the original Brooks leather seat & pump.

I
cache_3872224404.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful bike! Beautiful job!
Yep, it’s a sickness
I restored my late Mums vintage Raleigh ''swan frame'' Sturmey Archer 3 speed ''Tourist'' around 8 years ago before she passed.

She was originally from England, & was absolutely thrilled when I presented to her after restoring it.

Ended up donating it to the Deke Slayton Bicycle museum in Sparta WI.
It's on display there, with a memorial plaque in front of it,, & ''last I checked'',,, is still the only vintage Raleigh in the whole Museum.
Also has the original Brooks leather seat & pump.

I
View attachment 263236