Hi

Hi all you cool Mini-bike Enthusiests ! My name is Richard. From Vermont. I’m new to this fantastic web-site/forum & wonderful community of people. I’m just starting to look for my childhood mini-bike to buy so I can restore it, etc. So, w/no further ado, I’m looking for either a ‘71 or ‘72 Arctic-cat “Climber” ! My dad bought me one approx’y 48-years ago when I was 7-years young. (I believe it was the 1st year, a ‘71) He had his ‘47 Knucklehead that he taught me a lot about. How to clean & set the points, how to clean & gap the plugs, change the oil, adjust the clutch, chain, brakes, etc. etc. So, he bought me my very 1st set of two-wheels ! FTW !!! And 1-year later it was stolen right out of my dads garage ! (I guess there were serious unfortunates even back then during a much kinder time of life.) At Anyhoot, I cried for days. The 2nd two-wheels he replaced the Climber with, was a Sears & Roebuck mini-bike. (Which was definitely NOT any comparison to my beautiful bright-green flake, lol’ “Climber”. My dad just wanted me to be back on a mini-bike ASAP) Then my 3rd set of two-wheels, by the time I reached 13, he bought me my very 1st 2-stroke dirt-bike ! WOW !!! What a difference from a centrtifigul clutch driven, 3-1/2 HP B&S (Broken & Stranded) mini-bike ! Anyhoot, Im 55 yrs old today, and I’m in remission. So, before I die I’d like to restore (relive) my childhood years that I loved the most. Which would be that very 1st Summer on my very 1st Arctic-cat “Climber” Mini-bike ! I’m not looking for any sympathy. Just maybe a little help & direction, so I can locate & buy a basket-case “Climber” that I can restore. And/or ANY ‘71-‘72 Arctic-cat “Climber” part that you may have kickin’ around your shop or garage that you don’t mind parting with for a price !? I’m willing to pay. I’m on a fixed budget, so I’m definitely not a rich man by any stretch of the imagination. I’m just short on time & would love to relive part of my past before it’s all over. I would be eternally grateful for any help. Please. My cell # is: 802-324-0707. Please call me. Again, thank you all. Sincerely Richard McGinley