What mini bike can I buy new right now?

I74

Wait...So you liked the BT but didn't like the jackshaft that they have been using for years? I think the BT is the best looking of all the Colemans.
I do like the orange one, except for the ''boat anchor'' head light. LOL
If I had one,, the headlight would be replaced ASAP with an offering around 1/4 the size, like an old classic ''Bates''.
Would also wire up a cool tail running light. ;)

Wait...So you liked the BT but didn't like the jackshaft that they have been using for years? I think the BT is the best looking of all the Colemans.
I agree with you, a good looking design has its values and since these are for off road use, a T/C behind the cover that appears to be for a T/C would have been a well thought out improvement for the intended off road use that these machines are intended for.

I74

I agree with you, a good looking design has its values and since these are for off road use, a T/C behind the cover that appears to be for a T/C would have been a well thought out improvement for the intended off road use that these machines are intended for.
For the price of it,, you would think it would have a T/C.

SAS289

I have a different opinion. IMO all these Colemans were designed for 10-15 MPH trail riding. A TAV certainly helps the low end, but the 10/1 ratio with the jackshaft works well for slow speed trail riding. Most people get a TAV for higher top speed for on the road.

With a 5+ year knowledge base on these bikes I could never understand why people do what they do to these bikes. One thing for sure, if these bikes came with a TAV there would be a lot less fooling around looking for higher top speeds. The people who sell parts would not be happy because more people would be happy with the stock bike as is.

DaddyJohn

The only recent bike that came with a TC that I can think of was the Mega Moto 212 Pro.
Had front and rear hydraulic brakes too! Too bad it's no longer offered that I know of...
I had one for awhile, and they're worth picking up used if you can find a good price.

I74

I have a different opinion. IMO all these Colemans were designed for 10-15 MPH trail riding. A TAV certainly helps the low end, but the 10/1 ratio with the jackshaft works well for slow speed trail riding. Most people get a TAV for higher top speed for on the road.

With a 5+ year knowledge base on these bikes I could never understand why people do what they do to these bikes. One thing for sure, if these bikes came with a TAV there would be a lot less fooling around looking for higher top speeds. The people who sell parts would not be happy because more people would be happy with the stock bike as is.
10/1 ratio, jeepers,,, that's like rock crawler gears. LOL.
Bet it would pull the front end up easy though .. :p

Sooner79

Well, my persistence and patience (I’m not a patient person), paid off. I found and purchased a new Coleman B200X-B (solid black frame) at a Camping World store less than an hour drive from home. I‘ve put it together but have yet to put the red plastic fenders or the extremely ugly, massive, bulbous, chrome headlight on. I’m liking the solid black look right now and it’s doubtful that I’ll ever install the light. Maybe if I run across a smaller LED light, I might try that. My plans for now are to remove the governor, Dremel off the throttle stop and add a torque converter. I think I’ll have fun with it but it’s a much larger minibike than I‘m used to and at 138 lbs, it’s a two man job to load it into a vehicle for transport. B0EE13E8-FE9B-4E4D-B6CF-29139BD8A0AE.jpeg

Last edited:

SAS289

Dremel off the throttle screw and TAV yes. But why pull the governor? Are you going to change gearing or modify the TAV?

SAS289

Because if you do not plan on modifying the TAV, make major gearing changes, or double engine power, removing the governor is a waste of time and does not provide the extra RPM you may be looking for at top speed. The bike will perform the same with just a TAV and the throttle screw removed. Once the TAV shifts into "high" you will run out of engine fairly quickly with the final ratio at around 4.5/1, governed or not. Yeah you'll get your 35 mph+ for top speed but it ends at around 4000 + or - 200 RPM for the engine. That's still less than a governed RPM with the throttle screw removed.

Here is a guy with a governed 212 with a stage 1 kit. He never even hits the governor at top speed and has better gearing than stock.

Last edited:

old shed finds

I‘ve decided that this is what I want. There are apparently two of them available at a Big R store in Dumas, TX which is 426 miles from where I live.
View attachment 263220
These look fun and i seen them in person yesterday. .my Cal Ranch store in Salt Lake City... I love the fuel tank storage bin and its muffler directs the fumes downward with a clever duct cap..Front fork suspension seems good... I liked them $749.00 price here.

Sooner79

Because if you do not plan on modifying the TAV, make major gearing changes, or double engine power, removing the governor is a waste of time and does not provide the extra RPM you may be looking for at top speed. The bike will perform the same with just a TAV and the throttle screw removed. Once the TAV shifts into "high" you will run out of engine fairly quickly with the final ratio at around 4.5/1, governed or not. Yeah you'll get your 35 mph+ for top speed but it ends at around 4000 + or - 200 RPM for the engine. That's still less than a governed RPM with the throttle screw removed.
OK, thanks for the tip. This will be my first TAV, so thats good that I won’t need to remove the governor.

Last edited:
Its hard to be patient but if I was buying new, this would be the one I'd go after. With full suspension AND a TC, it should perform well. There's 2 jaspers that have a YouTube blog and they run a lot of these type of vehicles. I don't remember their names but someone on here will pipe in.
Cars and Cameras?