Predator question for the experts

old shed finds

If you been following the Coleman TAV swap you will be more in tune....
Basically question is again about the hemi or non hemi...
Have a brand new in the box hemi 212 ..As speaking having these left stock with governor.
Would the hemi power be better over the non hemi engine? ?
The Kohler looks like just a exact non hemi clone engine.
As we know if it ain't broke don't fix it......... Its me...

olddog

I was wondering which has more performance parts available.

Taking a quick look at the two it does appear the non hemi has a better gas cap position, it looks like it would fit easier in a smaller frame.

I need to hit HF and compare the two...

SAS289

I have always wondered if there is a seat of the pants difference between an out of the box 212 versus a stock 196. The 212 should have more torque because it's a bigger engine but can you really feel the difference with all other thing being equal?

With the Colemans a lot of people have swapped to a 212 and a TAV and said "wow this 212 is amazing" when most of the amazing is the TAV itself. They are comparing a 196 with a jackshaft to a 212 with a TAV. The low end gearing of the TAV is what they are feeling more than any extra power that the 212 may have.

old shed finds

I have always wondered if there is a seat of the pants difference between an out of the box 212 versus a stock 196. The 212 should have more torque because it's a bigger engine but can you really feel the difference with all other thing being equal?

With the Colemans a lot of people have swapped to a 212 and a TAV and said "wow this 212 is amazing" when most of the amazing is the TAV itself. They are comparing a 196 with a jackshaft to a 212 with a TAV. The low end gearing of the TAV is what they are feeling more than any extra power that the 212 may have.
This Coleman was my Unckle Jase's bike he bought it brand new and rode it very few hours... So we bought it from him it was like mint condition. .yes a original 196 on chain pulled it..
so we can't leave nothing alone IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT. ..we never heard of that Lol.....
212 swap very very little difference. ..
Then bike sat in shed last 2 years.we rode tote gotes last few years.
dug the Coleman out a month ago then did the Kohler swap...waist of time its just a regular clone with plastic cam gear kinda gay...
then few days ago the TAV swap.
then today the hemi swap.....
and yea my Unckle loved it and wanted us to take care of it..
In a way we are were just improving it Lol.......

olddog

Right on that's accurate. . we have just a nuff room to pull the gas cap and gas up...
It's good to know it fits, you've given me small project.

I have a hemi sitting around I bought on a whim years ago.

I have both the CT100 and 200. I'm going to throw the hemi in the 200 and move the 200 engine to the 100.

old shed finds

It's good to know it fits, you've given me small project.

I have a hemi sitting around I bought on a whim years ago.

I have both the CT100 and 200. I'm going to throw the hemi in the 200 and move the 200 engine to the 100.
Sounds like fun and you will see power difference in both..When I first throttled mine on test ride it pulled a wheelies. ..

old shed finds

The Hisun tank fits the Hemi but doesn't fit so well on Gen 1 and 3 212's I'm hearing. The offset cap on the Hisun is nice.
Way back in time we did have the Hisun tank.,offset filler cap...but its long gone... Think we sold it to our member Davis'' he is a buddy of mine.