1971-1971 Steens Taco - Super Trail 100 (ST100) Mini Bike swing-arm looks bent

I have been slowly going threw my 1971-1972 Steens Taco - Super Trail 100 Mini Bike & finally got the new jackshaft, jackshaft sprockets, & #35 chains installed so I could finally get to take a short ride & it was extremely dusty that day, so don't judge me because my mini bike is all dusty, lol. I noticed after taking a short ride & looking at the back of my Super Trail 100, the swing-arm looks pretty bent to the left. I included some pictures of what it looks like as best as I could being I have not taken it off the frame yet. Also, should I use heat to bend back the correct shape or should I just pound it out cold instead to get it true again? If anyone can provide a few pictures of a Super Trail 100 swing-arm that is taken off of the frame along with some measurements, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Attachments

Last edited:
Is your swing-arm off of a 1971 or 1972 model Steens Taco - Super Trail 100 (model #ST100) Mini Bike? Because it looks a bit different than mine & does not have the off-sett sections on the front mounting part of the swing-arm like mine. It also does not have the drum brake stop on the swing-arm that keeps the brake drum from spinning. Here is the sections I am talking about of my swing-arm in the pictures I included for you to see what I am talking about.

Attachments

Last edited:
I fixed the swing-arm, it was bent to the left about ruffly 1/2" & straighten it again. I didn't scratch or chip the paint either surprisingly & using leather between the vise jaws & worked great to hold it in place to tweak it back straight.