Hodaka Engine Case Color

Years ago I got some paint from Strictly Hodaka for my Bonanza / Hodaka engine cases.They relabeled the can but I think the color was pewter. Anyone know the best match ,brand and color?

Wish I'd known that before investing too much in single stage 1970 Camero silver. LOL...
The Camaro Cortez silver is correct match for the bonanza Mx frames. Did you use this for your Mx frame too? You can have the Cortez silver mixed in the spraymax 2k rattle cans too, for people that don’t have paint equipment.

The Camaro Cortez silver is correct match for the bonanza Mx frames. Did you use this for your Mx frame too? You can have the Cortez silver mixed in the spraymax 2k rattle cans too, for people that don’t have paint equipment.
I used a HOK silver metallic base clear coated with HOK urethane for the frame. Not a lot of difference in silvers out there I've noticed. Someone mentioned that Cortez silver to me for the cases. I don't mind, and have all of the paint equipment, but keeping things uniform is something I strive for. I note that on the Hodaka web site, there are many varying opinions on the silver case paint question. I'm finishing up an ACE 90 for a 1964 and picking up jug shortly from boring. Meanwhile, I have an E code for the MX Bonanza that I will swap out, and then use the Hot Rod Fuji on a nice Steen I will be finishing. That is the plan anyway! Thanks for the scoop on the paint!

Side note: I was unable to get the Fuji kick starter to quit striking the frame. I moved it over, and then had JS alignment issues, etc. So I didn't do that frame any favors, even though I used a "more bent" P code Hodaka kick starter. I have since heard that for the MX frames this is always an issue and can be mitigated with a model 94 Wombat kick start lever, as it's bent out even further. Live and learn! :)

I used a HOK silver metallic base clear coated with HOK urethane for the frame. Not a lot of difference in silvers out there I've noticed. Someone mentioned that Cortez silver to me for the cases. I don't mind, and have all of the paint equipment, but keeping things uniform is something I strive for. I note that on the Hodaka web site, there are many varying opinions on the silver case paint question. I'm finishing up an ACE 90 for a 1964 and picking up jug shortly from boring. Meanwhile, I have an E code for the MX Bonanza that I will swap out, and then use the Hot Rod Fuji on a nice Steen I will be finishing. That is the plan anyway! Thanks for the scoop on the paint!

Side note: I was unable to get the Fuji kick starter to quit striking the frame. I moved it over, and then had JS alignment issues, etc. So I didn't do that frame any favors, even though I used a "more bent" P code Hodaka kick starter. I have since heard that for the MX frames this is always an issue and can be mitigated with a model 94 Wombat kick start lever, as it's bent out even further. Live and learn! :)
Either way your Mx looks killer. You do very nice work with a lot of attention to detail.