None

• Rupp mini bike

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Fox minibike

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cfh

The lights work on all three Rupps i posted. I make my own wiring harness for them, as the originals are always junk.
And yes the Dellorto helps a lot. On the 1969 and 1970 I have a Dellorto Ua18. On the 1972 there's a Dellorto Ua19 (as used on a black widow.) I can't really tell the difference (though they look/mount differently.) But they for sure give better performance. But mostly they just look cool!

GustoGuy

Here is my resto-mod Rupp Roadster 2 . I have 2 sets of Li-ion batteries to run the assessories which is the Daymaker Clone and the GPS speedometer and 1.5Amp motor cycle Horn. I tried to get by with just 1 battery and the moment I turn on the headlight it would pop the overload protector on the 12.8AH Li-ion. I have a 12.8 Ah and a 9.8 Ah battery as seen by the 2 boxes on the top plate.

20200711_105557_resized.jpg

Unfortunately the stock TAV cover doesn't fit over the rear secondary and rubs like crazy in the back. I got it to fit by heating it with my Heat Gun but it left the bottom a bit wavy so I will be fixing that with some short strand fiberglass Bondo and repainting the TAV cover and spray with 2K clear coat.

20200711_105611_resized.jpg

Last edited:

GustoGuy

I sure like my Roadster 2 with the 12 inch wheels. It is large enough that an Adult rider can feel comfortable riding it. The suspension actually works well enough however I may get a set of 13 inch to 14 inch hydraulic shocks for the rear of the bike. The stock spring fork is so-so compared to an actual hydraulic motorcycle fork. Plus the bike handles the power of the Predator 212cc much better than my shorter wheel based Baja Doodle bug with Predator 212cc

GustoGuy

Rupp continental and a roadster both resto mods and not very original.
Nice collection of Bikes and the Go-cart too. I like to ride and reliability is king. Nothing stinks more than wasting lots of time just trying to get a bike running. Even my 1971 Arctic Cat Prowler is a Tecumseh H50 repowered which originally was equipped with a 47cc Sachs 3Hp in it's earlier years before I bought it in 2017. I hope you have lots of places to ride and plenty of friends and family to do it with.:)

nightgrider

My Fox Campus (year unknown) that I'm doing a resto-mod on.

20200101_143049.jpg

But currently have it all blown apart to fix some sins of previous owners and eventually repaint the frame.

20200601_114911.jpg

GustoGuy

My son and I went on several rides today. Like an idiot out of habit I shut off the fuel when I got off the bike. My son went on a ride and made it about 1/3rd of a mile and it stalled. He restarted it and it surged and jumped out from under him and stalled , but the fender hit the tar and cracked the fender. Top speed 53mph per gps speedometer

Attachments

capguncowboy

My son and I went on several rides today. Like an idiot out of habit I shut off the fuel when I got off the bike. My son went on a ride and made it about 1/3rd of a mile and it stalled. He restarted it and it surged and jumped out from under him and stalled , but the fender hit the tar and cracked the fender. Top speed 53mph per gps speedometer
that bites! I hope your son is alright