What year Speedway El Tigre ?

I just picked up this Speedway and trying to figure out what year it is. The front fender looks to be stock but look different from pics I have seen of similar bikes. The fender perches are welded to the fork legs and not mounted to the bottom of the triple tree. Guy I bought it from said it may have been one of the last ones they built before selling Speedway to Fox Minibikes. Engine is a tecunpseh HS50 67069A SER 42820, has the generator for the lights. I have the headlight and taillights 9CB1CEFD-FA21-4420-969B-EE388ADCE309.jpeg 9FB1635A-EED9-4388-8E82-FD65FB7E099C.jpeg 1B831BC8-E1BE-4EC2-B3E4-5BFCE506B632.jpeg lights and horn, engine runs greats and strong. Any info appreciated.

cfh

That front fender is not correct to my knowledge. The el tigre was one of the last speedway models. so probably late 1973/1974. edit... motor is 1974 so i guess 1974

Last edited:

1971_MB1A

I just picked up this Speedway and trying to figure out what year it is. The front fender looks to be stock but look different from pics I have seen of similar bikes. The fender perches are welded to the fork legs and not mounted to the bottom of the triple tree. Guy I bought it from said it may have been one of the last ones they built before selling Speedway to Fox Minibikes. Engine is a tecunpseh HS50 67069A SER 42820, has the generator for the lights. I have the headlight and taillights View attachment 266631 View attachment 266633 View attachment 266634 lights and horn, engine runs greats and strong. Any info appreciated.
I just picked up this Speedway and trying to figure out what year it is. The front fender looks to be stock but look different from pics I have seen of similar bikes. The fender perches are welded to the fork legs and not mounted to the bottom of the triple tree. Guy I bought it from said it may have been one of the last ones they built before selling Speedway to Fox Minibikes. Engine is a tecunpseh HS50 67069A SER 42820, has the generator for the lights. I have the headlight and taillights View attachment 266631 View attachment 266633 View attachment 266634 lights and horn, engine runs greats and strong. Any info appreciated.
Looks to be a '74. I have a green one like that with the original lighted hs50.

markus

The engine is dated October 9th of 1974, which goes along with the dated manuals you can find for sale online that have 1974 publishing dates. would have been a carry over from speedway to Fox corporation at that point. Not an uncommon thing, Manco sold what was left of the Fox line bikes later on in the 1970's.

Yes the by the time the el Tigre came out fox bought out speedway (April of 74) and John Morrow went to work on fox’s board. Here’s the prototype in Janesville Wisconsin.

Attachments