??Dah Fuq?? Exploding 3910x!!

FatBuddyCat

This is out my non-hemi with the flat piston conversion, ARC rod and flywheel. I did the ol'zip tie trick for a few hot laps and noticed sputtering then after a few sharty starts (pull till you poop) this is what I found. I thought for sure my jet backed out or I had carburetor issues but NOPE.

FatBuddyCat

I zip tied the hemi too, I haven't tachometered(?) them but I'm not so worried with the rods and flywheels. Swapped back to the Torch plug and the non-hemi hauls balls. At first I was leaning on the Hemi being the winner but I'm not sure now. They are both a little on the dumb side for yard bikes, lol!

That's called tracking. Dirty porcelain on the outside allows minute flow across surface and eventually the ionized pathway becomes less resistant than the gap and thousands of volts albeit milliamps heat and crack the porcelain. Happens a lot on powerline insulators.

I74

Dang man. These ARC flywheels are no joke! I gapped the coil too, .
Just for general info.,,, on NGK spark plugs,, unlike other plugs,, the lower the num, the hotter the plug.;)
''Don't run fuel with Ethanol'' !!
I was a mechanic for over 40 years, & seen all the 'bad'' stuff of alcohol fuel in many different applications, & there is ''nothing'' good about it.
It takes up to 50% more to make the same combustion process, & makes engines & exhaust ect. ''way'' hotter.
That stuff is a friggin joke, & Jay leno has vids about how bad it is also,
That Dude was a Hell of a mechanic , before he became famous.

To me,, that is a ''cheap'' plug that run on Shit gas.

I

Last edited:
I'm running 87 octane with a Hemi, identical build and spark plug (Autolite 3910x) with no issues. This was a new plug, ran maybe 5 times.

I74

If you can find 4 stroke 92 octane ''Tru Fuel'', like @ Menards or Lowes ect,, I highly recommend running that.
That's all I run in my 4 stroke small engine stuff & it's awesome !!
Shelf life is over 3 years ect. , & it burns super clean!
It's expensive but worth it.
Gas today out of a pump,, generally starts going bad after 30 days.
I would try an NGK ''BP6ES'' copper plug,, & gap it @ 0.28.
You can also generally find those for under 3 bucks. ;)

Last edited: