Fatty from 3 wheeler forks.

Took my son to the motorcycle junk yard I've been going to since I was a kid. The place is amazing. I could easily put a dent I the savings account there. We grabbed some 3 wheeler forks and a couple wheels with some rotted 22x11x8's. Found a complete front hub with the shaft, sleeves and bushings to fit the fork. We'll need new bearings, but that saves me a lot of work.
20200804_111011.jpg

The handlebars were bent pretty bad, but the plate on top and clamps were both straight. I found some straight bars that fit.
20200804_170001.jpg
The front tire has held air for 3 days, the rear - not so much. I'll need to replace both, but I can start to size things up a bit. 20200806_183732.jpg
Using plywood to figure out a shape. I'll use a predator 212 with a jackshaft. The one on my Gilson has worked great. Just using the Tecumseh to size it up. 42" center axle to center axle.

Got a little bending, cutting and beginner welding done the last couple days. I kinda knew I was being a little ambitious for a 2nd try at a frame. I decided to keep it at simple as possible. 20200826_105040.jpg

Contrary to simple, I went looking for a fuel tank at the cycle yard. Found a decent one with a cap instead of a bird nest inside. It doesn't leak, and got some foot pegs thrown in.

Thanks for the comments. Its inspiring among such a crowd. Turns out fatties can be fun. Rode it around the backyard a bit. I can feel the mass on the front tire, kinda helps in corners. It's a weird gyro effect. Super stable. 20200915_191747.jpg

I messed with the gearing a bit, and fixed some issues with the jackshaft. I think I've got it where I like it. 12T on the clutch, 32T on the 1st gear, another 10 or 12T on the other end to a 72T drive sprocket. Super punchy and fun. Just need my brake disc to show up and I'll be able to stop. 20200915_191935.jpg

I think it's around 14:1 now. No real purpose for this thing other than to improve my welding skills and have fun.

Also made a couple of gussets to beef up the front end, as was suggested. Defanetly a good thing. Good thing I'm better at grinding than I am at welding. Should be an easy one to do.
20200915_200241.jpg

If you havent welded those gussets on yet you need to make them a little smaller. They need to meet the center of the tubing at the very most. If they meet a little short of the center they will fit and finish better. And dont bevel the edges. leave them square after they are cut and that will give you a nice "V" to fill with weld. The way they look in the pic you posted you will pretty much be welding under them to get a good bond to the tubing. You might try just grinding the bevels off the edges first and see how that fits.