MTD

So, you still have this sprocket ? I have a sprocket on it, but I’m positive it isn’t original. It’s very heavy, solid(no holes), and looks like it came off some sort of machinery. I think someone put it on for larger diameter, so more torque at the wheel. I used to ride it like that, but, whoever drilled the three mounting holes drilled them slightly off center, so I had to keep the chain a little loose. Main problem is it doesn’t allow access the the valve stem. Can’t afford to but any new parts right now, been laid off. Once I know the engine will run good again, then I’ll want a new sprocket, and I also need the bracket that holds the brake band. Already have a brand new band. I’ll keep a watch out, and if you still have it when I get ready, I’ll take it.

mustangfrank

So, you still have this sprocket ? I have a sprocket on it, but I’m positive it isn’t original. It’s very heavy, solid(no holes), and looks like it came off some sort of machinery. I think someone put it on for larger diameter, so more torque at the wheel. I used to ride it like that, but, whoever drilled the three mounting holes drilled them slightly off center, so I had to keep the chain a little loose. Main problem is it doesn’t allow access the the valve stem. Can’t afford to but any new parts right now, been laid off. Once I know the engine will run good again, then I’ll want a new sprocket, and I also need the bracket that holds the brake band. Already have a brand new band. I’ll keep a watch out, and if you still have it when I get ready, I’ll take it.
Sorry, I bought the sprocket this morning, maybe he'll be able to hook you up with the other stuff...or post a wanted post when you're ready.

I'll have my original just like this one but the teeth are getting pointy, usable but don't put a new chain on it, you can have it just pay the postage.

Sorry, I bought the sprocket this morning, maybe he'll be able to hook you up with the other stuff...or post a wanted post when you're ready.

I'll have my original just like this one but the teeth are getting pointy, usable but don't put a new chain on it, you can have it just pay the postage.
Scraping the barrel right now. Overdue on everything. Just doing this rebuild to keep from going stir crazy. Last winter, when I was still working, I got new points, condenser, plug, breather assembly, air filter, and gaskets for the carb, manifold, and ignition cover. Just need the time, now I’ve got plenty. Once the engine is alive again, I’ll post pictures.