Good old days

My name is shovelhead. I rode mini bikes and crashed on mini bikes in the late sixties and early seventies. A good friend of mine Taco Loco Joe turned me on to this web site. Great to see old photos of bikes and read the stories ! I am rebuilding a old chopper from the seventies , and once I am done will restore a Taco some day.

Just got some instructions from Taco Loco Joe on how to download pictures. He says some times it takes a little bit before they show up since I am new on the site. Keep a look out because its out there in space somewhere!

Has been a long time since I posted any thing . Helping son restore a few Honda z50 mini trails. My chopper almost complete . Once I am done next project restoring a Taco 44. That will be a blast !

Attachments

Welcome. A great bunch of mini bike restorers and riders here.
I started with my Bird Wren in 1965, the economy model with no lights ,fenders or chain guard. I think it was under 120 bucks, not cheap in those days. I rode the crap out of the bike in Maryland forest until 1969 when I sold it to got to 'Nam.

Very nice toys you have going on!!! a bit late but welcome....Im in the middle of restoring a 1971 blue CT70...kinda looks like the one you are sitting on..here in Michigan I never see any Toco's around....I will be watching.

Glad to be back on forum. Got my chopper done finally ! Had this bike over 40 years. Now to become a kid again . I Have my taco 44 all apart now and getting it ready for paint ,then to start hunting for parts. Going to check with Taco Loco Joe for some advice. In the mean time I scored a 68 Honda Z50 mini trail to restore also. Going to be busy and have some fun. Will post pictures as I progress with these projects.

Attachments