Anyone here a vintage engine hoarder?

NorCal

I have always had an affinity for old gas engines. Years ago I purchased my first engine, a 1970's 5hp B&S. I really didn't have any plans for it at the time. Now I find myself hunting for cool engines for mini bike projects, or just an engine because I think their cool. Anyone here in the same boat of collecting old engines? One day I'd like to restore a hit & miss engine. But at this time I just need to start restoring what I currently have.

Briggs 5hp
Tecumseh 5hp
Briggs 1.5hp

Attachments

1971_MB1A

I have always had an affinity for old gas engines. Years ago I purchased my first engine, a 1970's 5hp B&S. I really didn't have any plans for it at the time. Now I find myself hunting for cool engines for mini bike projects, or just an engine because I think their cool. Anyone here in the same boat of collecting old engines? One day I'd like to restore a hit & miss engine. But at this time I just need to start restoring what I currently have.

Briggs 5hp
Tecumseh 5hp
Briggs 1.5hp
Yes I'm also somewhat in the same boat with collecting vintage engines pretty much of any and all types and sizes.

mustangfrank

Define "hoarder"? If say for example a guy just innocently starts gathering engines and plans to use them all, maybe one or two NOS engines kept for display and fully intends on cutting loose whatever he doesn't use with perhaps a spare or five kept for future needs...is that a "hoarder"? Rhetorical question, my GF already answered with just a look.

Can't wait until it warms up and I get my display(?) longblock painted for my chrome goodies to go on.

20210103_142232.jpg 20210103_142303.jpg 20210103_142414.jpg

NorCal

From the looks of everything, given my affliction, looks like I'm in good company. ;)

I have to ask, where did you find a complete NOS engine? Talk about a rare find. . . .

mustangfrank

From the looks of everything, given my affliction, looks like I'm in good company. ;)

I have to ask, where did you find a complete NOS engine? Talk about a rare find. . . .
Buyout of a retired hoarder, err collector...they do pop up for sale occasionally though on the usual sites.

NorCal

Can anyone recommend a place were I can find quality rebuild kits? I want to rebuild very engine I have in one weekend if thats possible.